What on earth has happened to our club?!!

Last season we had a team which was nearly good enough to get promoted and a manager who was slightly negative in his approach.

We let several of our best players leave and replaced them with weaker ones, and we brought in a manager who is more negative.

Its no surprise that we are doing worse, the strange thing is how the people at the top ever expected this to work.
It would also help, if our two most creative players, actually gave a fuck, about the club and its fans, they supposedly represent, then they'd be starting games, instead of sitting on the bench.

the club must have such a bad reputation throughout football. somewhere that players can come and earn quite a high salary in respect of their relative talent, and not really have to work very hard when they are here. that in turn scares away proper professional players, who want to improve individually and progress as a club (Luke O Nien being the current stand out exception)

the crowd have seen 5 or 6 years of utter rubbish, and haven't much patience left, the club is unprofessional from top to bottom so isn't capable of handling a slight amount of pressure, and opposition only need to have a basic level of intelligence to work it out and use it against us

You will definitely know more than me about your own club, that's for sure.. Do you really think that your reputation has dropped that much?
I can't see it, I mean last season you were the favorites for promotion, and that looked secure for the most part for most of the season.. You are definitely the big fish, have the infrastructure already in place, can pay the big bucks and have the experience.
I read on here that sometimes it is amateur hour when Donald etc has been doing contract negotiations, so maybe that could be why you are not getting who you want (although I don't recall hearing of players turning you down)
As a professional player at that level I would sign for you. I think you just currently have an uninspiring manager with average players playing a negative system.

I genuinely don't see you as anything other than a big fish in League 1..

But you need to escape it pretty soon... more you are down there the less the income and your big fish status drops....

Last edited:
It would also help, if our two most creative players, actually gave a fuck, about the club and its fans, they supposedly represent, then they'd be starting games, instead of sitting on the bench.

You couldn't accuse either of them of not giving a fuck until a certain manager rocked up. They might have had poor games but their commitment wasn't in question.

Parky has taken a less than ideal situation and turned it into a disaster.

You couldn't accuse either of them of not giving a fuck until a certain manager rocked up. They might have had poor games but their commitment wasn't in question.

Parky has taken a less than ideal situation and turned it into a disaster.
If CM gave a fuck, he wouldn't resemble a sumo wrestler.

Looking in from outside:-

You have a big club status
huge fan base
huge stadium
wealth
History
recent history of premiership

[/QUOTE/]

Counts for fuck all unfortunately. Donald despite all his good intentions as somehow managed to missmanage us as bad as Short at a lower level.

Not recruiting the best people and going for the easy/cheap option is costing us and him big time.

I just hope we stop the rot this year and start afresh in the summer with Donald moving on.

Absolutely shambolic

we should be the Liverpool/City of this league. Setting the standards when it comes to everything!

the way we play
the players we have
A positive, forward thinking manager who has great potential
A club who can attract anyone and who can also blow any other side out of the water if necessary.

how on earth is it going so badly wrong.

Last season was a decent enough start. We’d stopped the rot, put in some good performances, two trips to Wembley and had a good enough squad to make you think.. if we add a handful of batmans for a change rather than robins we’d all but guarantee promotion. Not having enough players who can change a game, who can do something out of nothing has been our problem for as long as I have followed the lads.

and once again we sign a load of shit and appoint a clueless, uninspiring manager.

Standard Sunderland
This is the major problem marra

You will definitely know more than me about your own club, that's for sure.. Do you really think that your reputation has dropped that much?
I can't see it, I mean last season you were the favorites for promotion, and that looked secure for the most part for most of the season.. You are definitely the big fish, have the infrastructure already in place, can pay the big bucks and have the experience.
I read on here that sometimes it is amateur hour when Donald etc has been doing contract negotiations, so maybe that could be why you are not getting who you want (although I don't recall hearing of players turning you down)
As a professional player at that level I would sign for you. I think you just currently have an uninspiring manager with average players playing a negative system.

I genuinely don't see you as anything other than a big fish in League 1..

But you need to escape it pretty soon... more you are down there the less the income and your big fish status drops....

11th in league fukn one suggests we're down to stickleback status right now

Last season we had a team which was nearly good enough to get promoted and a manager who was slightly negative in his approach.

We let several of our best players leave and replaced them with weaker ones, and we brought in a manager who is more negative.

Its no surprise that we are doing worse, the strange thing is how the people at the top ever expected this to work.
Succinct summary.

History means nothing in this league. On the pitch it's 11v11 and our 11 are shite. We need a competent manager who will put round pegs in round holes, it's not rocket science. Instead we have 11 plodders who are no better than anyone else in the top half.

Back