What old news story repeatedly pops into your mind now and again

I remember being a kid and on BBC news or whatever it was with frank bough on a morning, there was a news item about a shooting or it was a bomb that had exploded in an airport and there was still dead bodies on the floor with blood all over. I still often think about that, must have only been 7 or 8

I remember being a kid and on BBC news or whatever it was with frank bough on a morning, there was a news item about a shooting or it was a bomb that had exploded in an airport and there was still dead bodies on the floor with blood all over. I still often think about that, must have only been 7 or 8
Remember when Bough was done for snorting cocaine off a brasses tits while they were dressed as nazis. He supports Sunderland as well.

It doesn't bear thinking about what those on the ground went through when it impacted, I've just read this from the back of this thread and the locals, as well as police, couldn't have been more stoic and afterwards helped the families of those killed immensely.
Long read and very humbling. Thanks for sharing. Brings back some shocking memories.

Vietnam war. For some reason the American military gave journalists and their cameramen unprecedented access to the frontline action.
Action from that war was on the teatime news every evening from the mid sixties to the early seventies.

Not a big story at all and probably forgotten about by everyone, but I remember as a young lad in the mid 1970s a one day news story about a woman who was part of the Woolworths family and used to be married to the actor Cary Grant. Anyway, the story was that she had died. News footage showed her life and stuff. I remember my dad saying to me at the time, and I would only have been about 12, that in a couple of days nobody will remember her.
The reason that story stayed with me is that every time I read or see about someone rich or famous dying and everyone is falling over themselves to gush about them I remember that from my dad and it serves to show that nobody, no matter how famous or important they are made out to be, are special.

When Keegan signed for Newcastle.
When Shearer signed for Newcastle.
When Andy Cole was sold to Man Utd.
When a billionaire took over Newcastle. (Mike Ashley)

The bad stuff what sticks out which hasn't already been said..
Jeanette Tate murder.
Hungerford.
Dunblane.
Leslie Whittle.

Back