What % of tickets do you reckon attend.

SPUFF

Striker
Nb this isnt a dig at our support which is way better than out unambitious tin pot owners deserve.

Was so impressed looking for tickets for fsmily tues n bowl practically sold out.

In prem concourse today corners at least 30% empty n ends/sides 20%.

Could be as many as 10,000 non attenders. Strange. I guess the dearer (n the kernts keep increasing) matchday tickets the more STs even if you cant always attend.

The two seats next to us have never been on sale for years. Nobody ever sits in them. If the bairn wants to bring a friend, I just buy a random ticket elsewhere and the friend is able to sit next to us.

I said on a thread after the New Year’s Day game that it looked like around 5k ST’s did not attend
A week later the Mags game all but proved it
38-39k tickets available to home fans and everyone who wanted one got one

Last edited:
Nb this isnt a dig at our support which is way better than out unambitious tin pot owners deserve.

Was so impressed looking for tickets for fsmily tues n bowl practically sold out.

Could be as many as 10,000 non attenders. Strange. I guess the dearer (n the kernts keep increasing) matchday tickets the more STs even if you cant always attend.
Its half term. People go on holiday with their kids at half term. Believe it or not this happens everywhere not just Sunderland.

Would have been the same had we won the last two away games. Hope this helps.....

☝️

Which makes the self congratulatory attendance announcement a complete waste of time.

For those who announce the crowd , nobody sitting near us believes a word of what you claim , no doubt we’ll not be alone in that thought .

Time for it to stop.

I suspect a sizeable minority have season tickets but don’t live in the area so will pick and choose their games.

I have a season ticket and live in London so can get to nearly all away games easily, but will only really go to a few “big” home games.

Don't North East business's buy rows of seats for potential clients ? Possibly accounts for many many hundreds of empty seats at any given match.

Back