What % of alcohol

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
When my blood suply hasn't fell out my arse I'm a 5% lager drinker. Prefer continental lager with a bit taste, haven't had a drop in over 3 weeks since the bastard bleeding ulcer :evil:

Just had a glass of Malbec 12.5%
Stella now 4.8% used to be 5.2 didn't it barstewards!!

Aye, the whole tax thing fucked with a few of my favourite sups.

Desperados is my current go-to drink. Not a massive fan of lager and bottles of cider generally look bizarre unless they're poured straight into a glass so got used to drinking Desperados during the World Cup etc when all sorts of carnage was only ever a few seconds away. Easier to get a few bottles and hold them all whilst watching the match rather than standing holding 2 pints etc.
:lol:

Jack Daniels & Southern Comfort great but not my pint of lager.

@muggboots is only joking there marra and a fool is an idiot in England.
I'm not.

I believed that @muggboots that I didn't even bother to google the info...

@muggboots - e tu, fucker?!?!

Well done
He's a nugget mate. Don't take any notice of him.

Can you get 16% wine? I thought the max was 15%. Unless your on the QC
Around 16.5 to 17% is the maximum you can get IIRC.

Without fortification.

Last edited:
Do you usually drink? I nearly always stick to 4.1 - 5 % I don't like spirits or wine, anything under 4% is just pointless and anything over 5% is too strong.

On a session it has to be around 4% as anything else is going to result in an involuntary nap (it used to be a punch up).

Brewdog Dead Pony Club is fantastic summer afternoon in the beer garden gear

I’m afraid it is factually correct. Lager is beer. As is ale. So writing beer and lager doesn’t distinguish them. You’d write ale and lager, as both are forms of beer.

What you’ve copied and pasted above also happens to do nothing to dispute that. Not sure if you’ve read it correctly? It literally says ‘All beers are ale or lager’.

Apologies fella, I obviously misread or misunderstood your post, my error. In my head, I was thinking you said they were not! Oh well, late night my apologies again.

I try to stick to session strength beers (so 4-5% bracket) but I am partial to a Belgian Dubbel and an American IPA.

With these 2 sentences you have just confirmed that lager is a type of beer.

Aye my bad, my mistake and I have offered my apologies to Charmless man, I obviously misunderstood the post.....and having read it again today can confirm I did. Obviously up to late and confused from it.

Last edited:
Apologies fella, I obviously misread or misunderstood your post, my error. In my head, I was thinking you said they were not! Oh well, late night my apologies again.

Aye my bad, my mistake and I have offered my apologies to Charmless man, I obviously misunderstood the post.....and having read it again today can confirm I did. Obviously up to late and confused from it.

Had you imbibed a few lager beers by any chance? :lol:

Had you imbibed a few lager beers by any chance? :lol:

No I wish it was that simple and would love to imbibe again, but not allowed currently with the shitload of medication I currently am on. Also on extra new medication for my Lupus and an increase in dosage........ think it shut down the reasoning part of

my brain mind, the pain killers for a knackered back (taken last night) might have been the extra kick and enough to really fcck me up!

It was obviously only temporary, as I read it (your post and my reply) again on returning home from having a crown fitted midday and thought what the feck have I written and offered my apologies straight away. Dangerous mix even all these legal

drugs, lager beers, :lol: used to be a scotch man and before that brown ale, before switching to cider and black for many years. Now allowed now't, not strictly true, allowed the odd Crabby's Alcoholic Ginger Ale/Beer as that will not effect

medication when my body gets used to the new amounts taken, so can have one end of the month oh joy and bliss. Luckily I love Ginger but not being Gingerist here! :eek::oops::rolleyes::lol:

Around 4% is my favoured option,but being an old git I prefer a nice pint of Worthy (not creamflow) or a plnt of black sheep ,timothy taylors,or similar,would almost kill for a nice foamy headed pint of Samson nowadays.

Around 4% is my favoured option,but being an old git I prefer a nice pint of Worthy (not creamflow) or a plnt of black sheep ,timothy taylors,or similar,would almost kill for a nice foamy headed pint of Samson nowadays.

Same, theakstons black bull is a goodun too. Good brewpub in newburn called Big Lamp Brewery attached to keelmans arms which have a good bitter, good day to spend a day in the beer garden and they avoid the over hopped and overstrong nonsense of Brewdog and its ilk. Never reeally judged a pint by the number on the pump anyway tbh.

• Here are some of the highest proof spirits available, has anyone tried any of these and what were they like. I've had the 151 in the Dominican Rep, was not the Bacardi version , was locally produced for about $3 to buy back in the 90's

• #6 Bacardi 151 — 151 Proof. The well-known Puerto Rican brand of rum, Bacardi, sells a 151-proof bottle that is 75.5 percent alcohol. ...
  • #5 Balkan Vodka — 176 Proof. ...
  • #4 Hapsburg Gold Label Premium Reserve Absinthe — 179 Proof. ...
  • #3 Bruichladdich X4 Quadrupled Whisky — 184 Proof. ...
  • #2 Everclear — 190 Proof. ...
  • #1 Spirytus — 192 Proof.

• Here are some of the highest proof spirits available, has anyone tried any of these and what were they like. I've had the 151 in the Dominican Rep, was not the Bacardi version , was locally produced for about $3 to buy back in the 90's

• #6 Bacardi 151 — 151 Proof. The well-known Puerto Rican brand of rum, Bacardi, sells a 151-proof bottle that is 75.5 percent alcohol. ...
  • #5 Balkan Vodka — 176 Proof. ...
  • #4 Hapsburg Gold Label Premium Reserve Absinthe — 179 Proof. ...
  • #3 Bruichladdich X4 Quadrupled Whisky — 184 Proof. ...
  • #2 Everclear — 190 Proof. ...
  • #1 Spirytus — 192 Proof.
Not on your list but Old J Tiki Fire rum is 75.5%. It's not really an enjoyable sip to be honest.

Back