What % of alcohol

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

Desperados is my current go-to drink. Not a massive fan of lager and bottles of cider generally look bizarre unless they're poured straight into a glass so got used to drinking Desperados during the World Cup etc when all sorts of carnage was only ever a few seconds away. Easier to get a few bottles and hold them all whilst watching the match rather than standing holding 2 pints etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stinks, I'm canny pissed now like.

What's the story of your avatar and username?
My mate drew the avatar on msn messenger about 15 years ago and for some reason I found it funny in a rudimentary way, the name is when after yeahs on here as a spectator I went to register and couldn’t think of any thing to out afte ‘The’ so just signed up as that.

Not factually correct: Beer is an alcoholic beverage made from fermented grains. Ale is a subcategory of beer. The main difference between beer and ale is based on their making and the fermentation of the grains used to make them.

The Differences between Ales and Lagers - dummies

Edition
By Marty Nachel, Steve Ettlinger

All beers are made as ales or lagers; ale and lager are the two main branches (classifications) of the beer family tree and are closely related branches at that. Ales are the older, distinguished, traditional brews of the world, predating lagers by thousands of years, whereas lagers are a relatively modern creation, less than 200 years old.

I’m afraid it is factually correct. Lager is beer. As is ale. So writing beer and lager doesn’t distinguish them. You’d write ale and lager, as both are forms of beer.

What you’ve copied and pasted above also happens to do nothing to dispute that. Not sure if you’ve read it correctly? It literally says ‘All beers are ale or lager’.

Desperados is my current go-to drink. Not a massive fan of lager and bottles of cider generally look bizarre unless they're poured straight into a glass so got used to drinking Desperados during the World Cup etc when all sorts of carnage was only ever a few seconds away. Easier to get a few bottles and hold them all whilst watching the match rather than standing holding 2 pints etc.

Sickly sweet IMO marra

I try to stick to session strength beers (so 4-5% bracket) but I am partial to a Belgian Dubbel and an American IPA.

All beers are made as ales or lagers; ale and lager are the two main branches (classifications) of the beer family tree and are closely related branches at that.

With these 2 sentences you have just confirmed that lager is a type of beer.

Last edited:

Back