What % of alcohol

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

What about Carling? Says it's 4.1%, but it's actually 3.7%
It was best when it was 4.1% I always had exactly 8 cans in Horden Big Club on a Friday night upstairs before the place got closed and flattened it did stink of dope like.

I wish IPAs would fuck off now. Once upon a time you had a choice of 3 or 4 fruity English ales on tap. Now, 2 of them are IPAs. It’s ok for a change but I find it too hoppy to drink all night. My current favourite ale is Titanic Plum Porter.

This post is all over the place.

Since when have traditional English ales been ‘fruity’? Given the tendency for long boils and more mild tasting hops?

Since when has IPA not been an English style, despite the current American influence in most English bars you still have to try hard to find the massively Hopped American styles?

Last edited:

Since when have traditional English ales been ‘fruity’? Given the tendency for long boils and more mild tasting hops?

Since when has IPA not been an English style, despite the current American influence in most English bars you still have to try hard to find the massively Hopped American styles?
Its going to change over time marra but I understand the sentimental approach people are going to mix alcoholic drinks no harm in that as long as it doesn't taste rank.

Ale usually anything from a Jarl at about 3.7% to a Jakehead at about 6.3% and everything in between.
Gin usually 40% to 54% tend to stick around 47%, usually on the Monkeys.
Lager Moretti, Estella or san Miguel’s so around 5ish%

I prefer 4% and under beers, traditional session ales. But not many about. My fav pint at the minute is 4.9% and that probably explains the mess I am in when I get home. The last week has been 5.2% lager. What a minging headache the next day.

Hate to be a stickler but I really wish people would just write ale. Lager is beer.

Not factually correct: Beer is an alcoholic beverage made from fermented grains. Ale is a subcategory of beer. The main difference between beer and ale is based on their making and the fermentation of the grains used to make them.

The Differences between Ales and Lagers - dummies

Edition
By Marty Nachel, Steve Ettlinger

All beers are made as ales or lagers; ale and lager are the two main branches (classifications) of the beer family tree and are closely related branches at that. Ales are the older, distinguished, traditional brews of the world, predating lagers by thousands of years, whereas lagers are a relatively modern creation, less than 200 years old.

I don’t care about percentages, I’ll drink out with alcohol in it.
However high, however low!
I’ve had few tonight in case you’re wondering.
Never checked the potency, still pissed though!
:) (hic)

Ok, maybe fruity was the wrong word. I’m not a beard stroker. I’m on about the difference between the dark ones (Old Peculiar style) and the IPAs in general.

I prefer 4% and under beers, traditional session ales. But not many about. My fav pint at the minute is 4.9% and that probably explains the mess I am in when I get home. The last week has been 5.2% lager. What a minging headache the next day.
Ale sessions :cool:

I don’t care about percentages, I’ll drink out with alcohol in it.
However high, however low!
I’ve had few tonight in case you’re wondering.
Never checked the potency, still pissed though!
:) (hic)
Best way to be until someone gets you a whiskey.

Ok, maybe fruity was the wrong word. I’m not a beard stroker. I’m on about the difference between the dark ones (Old Peculiar style) and the IPAs in general.
How much?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back