What make of Jeans do you wear?

Only wore Levi’s and nothing else for years but last couple of years I love dark Hollister Jeans, not skin tight but not flared, dark blue not black, think I look smart in them. TBH I only normally wear shorts 👍
Grown men wearing shorts
Absolute wrong uns
George mate, these bad boys are only £8

Logon or register to see this image
Handy if you are called George
Name tag already sewn in
I think Tesco have a range as well, I can't remember the name though, I only trust Asda
Fanny and Freddie or someit

Last edited:
Usually go for Japanese selvedge or Conemills denim. Currently have a couple pairs of Gustin, some Levi’s Made & Crafted, Naked & Famous etc. Regular Levi’s are garbage for the price point IMO.

Fancy a pair of Momotaros but can’t quite bring myself to pay that much money.
Iv’e got a pair of Levi’s that are 30 year + and the quality of the denim is far superior to the pair I bought last year,definitely paying for the name nowadays.

You’re spot on, my dad said the old Levi’s were stiff as cardboard when you bought them, haven’t bought them since I discovered selvedge denim but the last ones I did buy felt paper thin.

Last edited:
Uniqlo always seem to be best for value, used to always wear Nudie but the yoke is too low and crotch always goes.

Uniqlo are around £40 and same quality as any £100 ones.

Also dont wash them, ruining the colour and especially if they are selvedge as you basically reset the denim back to being stiff.
WIsh they would open a shop round here and not metro centre

WIsh they would open a shop round here and not metro centre

I kinda like how its a bit of a secret among people. Used to only wear apc shirts, fit perfectly then discovered uniqlo and the shirts are the exact same fit but a 1/5 of the price. Know my size so just order from the site, the socks are great value too.

Usually go for Japanese selvedge or Conemills denim. Currently have a couple pairs of Gustin, some Levi’s Made & Crafted, Naked & Famous etc. Regular Levi’s are garbage for the price point IMO.

Fancy a pair of Momotaros but can’t quite bring myself to pay that much money.

You’re spot on, my dad said the old Levi’s were stiff as cardboard when you bought them, haven’t bought them since I discovered selvedge denim but the last ones I did buy felt paper thin.

Got a pair of Momotaros which I’ve never worn. Never likely too either. Way too small for me. Bought the fuckers online, never got round to returning them. Look decent jeans but sizing all wrong.

Bought two pairs of Gustin - one pair will never get worn. Got the sizing all wrong, way too tight. Another mistake, look decent too. The other pair, an olive selvedge, will get worn once they are taken up.

I kinda like how its a bit of a secret among people. Used to only wear apc shirts, fit perfectly then discovered uniqlo and the shirts are the exact same fit but a 1/5 of the price. Know my size so just order from the site, the socks are great value too.

Couldn’t agree more. Very good value for money clobber. Oxford shirts are very good, merino knitwear decent too. Wor lass (no chance) swears by the t-shirts for women. Do some interesting collaborations too. Got a shop close to where I live, always something in there worth a look.

Levi's.
I still the remember the price of the first pair I ever bought. £3.75 from Jack Sackvilles in Bishop. Shrink to fit, had to wear them in the bath.
Aye my mother thought I was nuts had about 5 pair of those and a few pre shrunk later on. From 18 onwards wore armani jeans for years, have a few diesel but have gone back to having a few pairs of 501s now again

Denim originally came from France. The bales of cloth were labelled “de nimes”

From Nimes.

Great knowledge.

they then got sent to Genoa who then sent off to San Francisco where workers on the gold rush wore them

the word Jeans is derived from
Genoa

501s. They were my first pair of proper jeans after being condemned to cross bots as a kid. I've tried a few different brands as they came in and out of fashion with mixed appreciation. Stick to Levis these days mostly because I can trust the fit without having to try them on and they last for ages.

up until 3yrs ago always levis then i had a weekend away forgot to pack a pair ended up buying a pair of jeans from next & have bought next since

Similar to me. Used to always get Levis, then 2 or 3 years back due to a combination of getting older & no longer being that bothered, and the price of Levis getting a bit silly I just bought a pair from Next, and have done since.

Back