What kind of birds do you see in your garden?

Blue tits
Great tits
Robins
Blackbirds
Sparrows
Goldfinch

Are the most common, continually in and out. Have just about managed to get rid of the starlings, who just destroyed everything. Parakeets also regular.

Blue jays recently and totally unexpected. Didn't recognise them at first. Don't get many wrens, which I'd like more of.

Love sitting in the garden in the sunshine watching them come and go. Very therapeutic.

Last edited:
Starlings, Sparrows,
Magpies, Blackbirds, Wrens, Doves, Blue Tits, Coal Tits, Pigeons, Thrushes, and Robins, though I'd sooner prefer to see Helen Skelton, Abbie Dewhurst, or Martine McCutcheon. 😍

I hope the resolution is good enough to see it in this picture:

Logon or register to see this image

I had the pleasure of watching an owl hunt in a field for a few minutes the other night. It was quite big and white, so I wouldn’t say it was a barn owl.

I hope the resolution is good enough to see it in this picture:

Logon or register to see this image

I had the pleasure of watching an owl hunt in a field for a few minutes the other night. It was quite big and white, so I wouldn’t say it was a barn owl.
Without doubt a Barn Owl.
Could watch this for hours, superb.
Currently got a magpie that keeps attacking a window

Unreal isn’t it.
5am every morning a crow is doing the same thing.

Blue tits
Great tits
Robins
Blackbirds
Sparrows
Goldfinch

Are the most common, continually in and out. Have just about managed to get rid of the starlings, who just destroyed everything. Parakeets also regular.

Blue jays recently and totally unexpected. Didn't recognise them at first. Don't get many wrens, which I'd like more of.

Love sitting in the garden in the sunshine watching them come and go. Very therapeutic.
I search youtube for wren song then play it in my back garden and about 10 seconds later the wren comes swooping down past my phone to check out where song is coming from. Give it a try, fantastic little birds.

Blue tits
Great tits
Robins
Blackbirds
Sparrows
Goldfinch

Blue Jay's? Jay's surely.

Blue Jay's? Jay's surely.
Blue jays. Two of them but only once, a month or two ago. Just in my little back garden. Pretty shocked and had to check it was them. Got a quick photo and cross checked it to make sure .
Yup, blue Jay's are North American, really striking birds.
Sure they were blue jays.
Blue jays. Two of them but only once, a month or two ago. Just in my little back garden. Pretty shocked and had to check it was them. Got a quick photo and cross checked it to make sure .

Sure they were blue jays.
Sorry, they were Jays!

Last edited:

Back