What it takes to get promoted

6inarow

Winger
I spent 30 seconds googling this, it tells the people at the top all they need to know about the last 3 seasons of the championship and what it takes to get promoted - KLD should get his laptop out

Pertinent points to take away from the article that proves this doomed model is not going to get us promoted - most important highlighted at the bottom

Low spending, high-quality coach - a far less common and considerably more difficult method, teams who spend relatively low on their wage bill compared to the rest of the league but have had the influence of a head coach that was largely credited for the clubs success (i.e. Bournemouth's first promotion with Eddie Howe and Huddersfield’s promotion with David Wagner). However, it is worth noting that while these teams are usually spending relatively low on their wage bill they are still also spending 100%+ on their wage bill to revenue ratio.

In the last three seasons, the two highest-spending teams (on player and staff wages) received automatic promotion on two occasions with the first and third highest-spending teams achieving promotion in the other season.

No promoted team in the last three seasons did so without exceeding a 100% wages-to-revenue ratio.

Squads were almost evenly constructed by players in the age groups of 24-28 (36%) in their prime years and younger talented players between the ages of 19-23 (35%). Older, more experienced players (29+) were less favorable (22%).

Last edited:

I spent 30 seconds googling this, it tells the people at the top all they need to know about the last 3 seasons of the championship and what it takes to get promoted - KLD should get his laptop out

Pertinent points to take away from the article that proves this doomed model is not going to get us promoted - most important highlighted at the bottom

Low spending, high-quality coach - a far less common and considerably more difficult method, teams who spend relatively low on their wage bill compared to the rest of the league but have had the influence of a head coach that was largely credited for the clubs success (i.e. Bournemouth's first promotion with Eddie Howe and Huddersfield’s promotion with David Wagner). However, it is worth noting that while these teams are usually spending relatively low on their wage bill they are still also spending 100%+ on their wage bill to revenue ratio.
In the last three seasons, the two highest-spending teams (on player and staff wages) received automatic promotion on two occasions with the first and third highest-spending teams achieving promotion in the other season.
No promoted team in the last three seasons did so without exceeding a 100% wages-to-revenue ratio.

Squads were almost evenly constructed by players in the age groups of 24-28 (36%) in their prime years and younger talented players between the ages of 19-23 (35%). Older, more experienced players (29+) were less favorable (22%).
KLD likes the first bit

What about the 18-22 bracket?
🤔

Back