What is this?

Alan BStard

Striker
I've come across a gold coloured biro with the legend 'Sunderland & District Fed. T. G. 40 YRS. 95' engraved on it. Anyone have a clue what it refers to?

Logon or register to see this image

May have been something to do with my Father in Law who was connected with the shipbuilding.

Fed stands for Federer and T G probably means "tugs gulls" (or maybe "tugged gulls"). So it's 'Sunderland & District Federer tugged gulls 40 YRS. 95'. Clearly, it's not the actual Federer but a local who was very good at tennis. That pen belongs to an elderly local man who is/was very good at tennis and also spent 40 years molesting/pleasuring (depending on your point of view) male sea birds starting in 1955.

The Sunderland & District Federation Townswomen Guild was only formed 3 years before whenever that page was posted so I doubt it was around in 1995, let alone 1955.

Founded 2000 according to the Charities entry at Companies House

Last edited:

The Sunderland & District Federation Townswomen Guild was only formed 3 years before whenever that page was posted so I doubt it was around in 1995, let alone 1955.

Founded 2000 according to the Charities entry at Companies House

I think that's just the Broadway branch.

Founded in 1934 the National Archive suggests. I really must stop going down these rabbit holes.

Back