What is the secret sauce behind the SMB?

Most of the stuff on here

There's been some incredibly funny, sad/poignant, truly bizarre, as well as some amazingly thoughtful/helpful/informative posts on here, down the years, along with many much loved and respected posters, some who are sadly, no longer with us.
Everyone who contributes, or has contributed to the threads on here, down the years, have helped to make this place, a long term success, and long may it continue. 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the price drop tv one, Lisa was trying to sell a phone - the phone started ringing because someone on here was ringing the number she rather daftly mentioned :lol:. She was getting texts about Fritzl and Paul Gadd (oh and Aunty Carol iirc :lol:). I nearly died laughing that night, Mojo was on top form.
Someone sent this text in and a few others about me. :lol:

I remember a couple of the women who posted regularly on here, back in the early 2000's were taking part in a sponsored run, and were gonna replace the number on their running vests, with the word chebs. 😅😅
Happy days 👍

👍 :D

They did have pink chebs vests. I didn't run it as I'd just given birth to my daughter.

A lot of football forums tend to die on their arse after a while, but the SMB has maintained its core user base and kept growing and growing. Why do we think our little corner of the internet so successful compared to other footy messageboards?

Because you have a Swindon fan posting on it.
Seriously it has everything, a mix of posters and posts.
@Boinger and myself are honoured and be honest no matter how bad it gets it will never be as shite as it gets at my club.

A lot of football forums tend to die on their arse after a while, but the SMB has maintained its core user base and kept growing and growing. Why do we think our little corner of the internet so successful compared to other footy messageboards?
It was already absolutely booming when I arrived but after a couple of permanent bans its just not as thrilling yet it is still head and shoulders above all other football forums I have heard of.

Back