What is the secret sauce behind the SMB?

A lot of football forums tend to die on their arse after a while, but the SMB has maintained its core user base and kept growing and growing. Why do we think our little corner of the internet so successful compared to other footy messageboards?

we are habitual gloom and doom merchants, lack any sort of patience and are manic depressives, always something to whinge and moan about

Loved it... Got to a rugby match,caught some sumo.. had a shit on an electric toilet

Ate Ramen... Saw mount Fuji... Played retro video games and got pissed
Brilliant 👍
Tokyo is on my to do list, along with Madrid, Rome, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, and Mexico city. (I love busy, bustling, 24 hour cities)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have liked to seen more but time wasn't on my side.. plenty of Tokyo seen but Kyoto is the place to go.
So clean and safe and not as pricey as I expected
Kyoto is very popular.
Quite a few people, recommend a visit

I'll get there some day.

Brilliant 👍
Tokyo is on my to do list, along with Madrid, Rome, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, and Mexico city. (I love busy, bustling, 24 hour cities)

Any country that has ever competed in an Olympics since 1896 and has an internationally recognised state flag which has one or more colours on the Olympic flag together with an anthem and of course behins with either a consonant or vowel are on my list.

I'll get there some day.

I say that about most places. Mostly with a liberal dose of cynicism.

#KeepTheDreamAlive
My lass has been around the world more times than the sun. So you can imagine how much she keeps spouting of about going places. First it was going to Germany & Austria but after seeing 1917 we went for a bite to eat and suggested for the New Year I can either chose Barcelona or Rome. Germany? Austria? Italy? Spain? What does she think I am, an Atlas? I am sorry but for someone like me to go abroad would be a minor miracle.

#KeepTheDreamAlive

Last edited:
I say that about most places. Mostly with a liberal dose of cynicism.

#KeepTheDreamAlive
My lass has been around the world more times than the sun. So you can imagine how much she keeps spouting of about going places. First it was going to Germany & Austria but after seeing 1917 we went for a bite to eat and suggested for the New Year I can either chose Barcelona or Rome. Germany? Austria? Italy? Spain? What does she think I am, an Atlas? I am sorry but for someone like me to go abroad would be a minor miracle.

#KeepTheDreamAlive
Give it a go, and broaden your travel horizons.
Barcelona is great for decent weather, sightseeing, history, culture, food & drink, and not forgetting football, too.

Where else would I learn such mundane shite as chopping a seagull in half, showering with the dog, Taybarns or Jims Ma?

I once directed someone to the SMB part of this forum when I looked the top 6 threads were The Specials reunion - Coast to Coast cycle - Private v Public sector argument - How do you pronounce Nougat - Anal bleaching - The Ryder Cup

Last edited:
I once directed someone to the SMB part of this forum when I looked the top 6 threads were The Specials reunion - Coast to Coast cycle - Private v Public sector argument - How do you pronounce Nougat - Anal bleaching - The Ryder Cup
About time the safc/durham shirts had an update

I actually learned to wipe my arse properly on here, I really didn't realise how much cleaner you can get it by doing a few downward wipes, I always just used to wipe upwards.

I actually learned to wipe my arse properly on here, I really didn't realise how much cleaner you can get it by doing a few downward wipes, I always just used to wipe upwards.
I've been employing that cleaner method since my youth, except I go through the legs from the front so I can see what I'm doing as well. Careful you don't smack your head off the bog seat rim, or flush at the same time.

Back