What is the current wage bill ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayson said the other week that the budget for wages aren't a problem but funds for transfer fee outlay is an issue.
Pls explain that to me slowleeeeee.
Its money going out of club coffers whether huge wage or transfer fee so .....

Just to finish off the post ffs.
The players in my last sentence would be on around (a conservative) 20-25k each and then another 50k a week for the now departed Moyes. That would leave us 27.5 million a year wage bill without factoring in new signings wages and Graysons wages.
Its just my opinion and I'm always taking an optimistic view on all things SAFC but i think we can stand our ground and get good prices for our players or keep them if no decent offers come in.
What do you think @Grumpy Old Man.

Well we know lasts years wage bill as it was in the accounts. We also know everybody has a relegation wage reduction clause excluding Plowell. The rest is guess work I agree but I think it will be there or there abouts.
How do we know this about Rodwell's contract?

and can we afford to keep players like Khazri, Lens and Kone if clubs don't meet our valuation of them?
I will start.
Our previous annual wage bill was around 77 million. With relegation confirmed nearly every player excluding one has a compulsory 40% wage reduction in their contracts. That reduces the bill to around 46 million. To operate at a profit this year we would need to get that down further but I suspect we would be looking to get it down to around 30 million for this year.
We have released around 12 players ( correct me if I'm wrong ) with us losing big earners Defoe, Borini and Januzaji who would have been on a conservative 150k a week collectively. So that knocks another 7 million off the wage bill. I believe the remaining players of Lescott, Pinnaer , Manquillo , Anichebe, Larsson, Denayer, Mannone, Pickford, Buckley,
Nobody has a clue.
People make things up or have wild stabs in the dark, in the main right now they are numbers that will denigrate the club, when spouted by the misserati ( plaudits to @Reiver ).

How do we know this about Rodwell's contract?
He knows nothing man.

We've got rid of our highest earners, the majority of existing players have had to accept a salary reduction.

I fully expect to see our wages somehow rise...again.

I think its likely to be the FFP rules for Championship, we have to submit our accounts for this season in march and to avoid a penalty/fines.
We're allowed to make a loss of c. 83 million over last 3 seasons including this one, we lost 33 mill in last set of published accounts so depending on how bad the set yet to be published looks will have a huge impact on what we can do this year.
Just a wild guess btw, but it kind of makes sense.

There's. A. Difference. Between. Paying. Out. Large. Lump. Sums. In. The. Short. Term. Vs. Paying. Smaller Amounts. Over. The. Longer. Term. Maybe?

I think its likely to be the FFP rules for Championship, we have to submit our accounts for this season in march and to avoid a penalty/fines.
We're allowed to make a loss of c. 83 million over last 3 seasons including this one, we lost 33 mill in last set of published accounts so depending on how bad the set yet to be published looks will have a huge impact on what we can do this year.
Just a wild guess btw, but it kind of makes sense.
Or this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back