What is the best roller coaster you have ever been on?

ATS

Striker
Also why do people put their arms in the air when they are on rollercoasters? Does it enhance the experience or is it just because they think it makes them look brave? Anyone on here admit to doing it? (as an adult).

Difficult to say without categorising types of coaster really. My favourite is probably The Mummy in Universal Orlando, but that’s due to the theming and everything that happens on the ride, as it’s not an out-and-out coaster but more of an experience. As for the standard outdoor coasters they’re all much of a muchness tbh, as long as they’re fast and twirly I’m happy. Special mention to the ones that slowly take you up to a terrifying height and then dangle you over the edge before plunging you into the abyss! They’re the ones that always have me regretting my life choices as they slowly climb towards the heavens.... Oblivion at Alton Towers, RIP Ride Rocket at Universal Orlando and, I think, Kracken at Sea World get a special mention for this evil trick!

Manta Sea World Florida was most enjoyable for me.
That moment when it pulls your seat up and you’re lying on your front, dangling away!

Difficult to say without categorising types of coaster really. My favourite is probably The Mummy in Universal Orlando, but that’s due to the theming and everything that happens on the ride, as it’s not an out-and-out coaster but more of an experience. As for the standard outdoor coasters they’re all much of a muchness tbh, as long as they’re fast and twirly I’m happy. Special mention to the ones that slowly take you up to a terrifying height and then dangle you over the edge before plunging you into the abyss! They’re the ones that always have me regretting my life choices as they slowly climb towards the heavens.... Oblivion at Alton Towers, RIP Ride Rocket at Universal Orlando and, I think, Kracken at Sea World get a special mention for this evil trick!

That moment when it pulls your seat up and you’re lying on your front, dangling away!

kracken is a good shout mind....

Although it’s tame compared to some, I really enjoyed Rocking Rollercoaster at MGM/Disney Studios. But then I like Aerosmith!

A shout out to Dragon Khan at Universal Mediterranea/Port Aventura as well. At the time I went it was the only 8 loop rollercoaster in Europe.

Last edited:

Aye The Mummy one is class, I thought it was going to be shite bit it was hilarious. Shit myself when you started going backwards then dropped through the floor. The Harry Potter ones and Hulk are both great as well.

Another shot for Hulk.

In the uk, nemesis is really good residual given its age
That one that chopped them legs off was actually very good too. Smiler iirc

Shiekra (sp?) at Busch Gardens. Leaves you dangling vertically before the brakes are released and you plummet. Good ones at Universal and Sea World too but that's my favourite. The Comet at Coney Island is also very good, considering it's age.

Went on one called the Manatou or summat in Florida years ago.
Looked like you would hit the floor from a great height when suddenly the floor opened and you shot through an underground tunnel...was mental at the time.

I also love Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom, but it’s not thrilling as a coaster it’s just got amazing theming. Give me a well themed ‘ride’ over an out and out coaster any day. Busch gardens in Tampa probably has pound-for-pound the best coasters anywhere, there’s just so many of them, but they are pure coasters as opposed to what I class as rides, which have theming from the queue right until you leave the ride.

Back