What is Jack Diamond actually doing?

You not got back yet?

Ha ! Decent day out, thought Spenny were cack like, seem burnt out. Alfreton had better chances just poor in front of goal. Diamond did okay, as you would probably expect at that level. I didn't realise how bad Spennymoors pitch was, that slope man.

It's a fair question. And the other pertinent one, surely, is: What are Sunderland and Kevin Ball doing with Jack Diamond? Is this move really in the best interests of his development? It would seem they think it is....I have my doubts.
Aye, I have to agree. Bally had the chance to sign Maddison for Sunderland but chose not to. He then ended up at the mags. He also had the chance to re-sign him when he left the mags? I would think Diamond is not the only case where players have been let go...Eagan now at Sheff Utd a prime Example, IF only he he had played or been given the chance of some first team games?.

nelson went to darlington for a few weeks and now hes a first choice striker in the SPL-
players dobt get noticed in the u23 league
if he does alright on loan he will get a better loan next season

Aye, I have to agree. Bally had the chance to sign Maddison for Sunderland but chose not to. He then ended up at the mags. He also had the chance to re-sign him when he left the mags? I would think Diamond is not the only case where players have been let go...Eagan now at Sheff Utd a prime Example, IF only he he had played or been given the chance of some first team games?.
we let egan go when we were in the premler league..so presumably on the basis that we didnt think he would be a premier league footballer.
as he hasnt played in the premier league since we released him, that shows the decision was correct.
there are no examples of safc releasing a player from the academy who then went on to play premier league for anyone else.
i remember people on here going on about louis lang being released...he plays at a lower level than us now.

Egan had a bad injury whilst with us iirc which probably was a deciding factor. He had to work his way back up the leagues from League Two I think.

More hard lines than a mistake by the club for me.

nelson went to darlington for a few weeks and now hes a first choice striker in the SPL-
players dobt get noticed in the u23 league
if he does alright on loan he will get a better loan next season
neslon is a strange one and as it stands, one I was wrong on..he has played hardly any games so far, so hard to judge, but he has certainly made a cracking start..and I cant imagine Dundee is a much worse level than league one..indicating that Nelson could be at least a first reserve striker for us...but thats based on a tiny number of games so far. He has been injured for abit.

Hi ho silver, here comes the lone ranger
He's riding on down to rescue me.

Edit: dam I read that as Jim not Jack :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Back