What is Jack Diamond actually doing?

It's a fair question. And the other pertinent one, surely, is: What are Sunderland and Kevin Ball doing with Jack Diamond? Is this move really in the best interests of his development. It would seem they think it is....I have my doubts.

To be fair Spennymoor are doing well this year and only dropping down 3 divisions.
U23 football only takes you so far and playing in that environment will probably do him more good than playing for the U23's for the rest of the season.

He's going out to play some men's football for the next 8 games. As they are semi pro I guess he will still come back here and train with the u23s. The alternative is just to stay here for the remaining 4 u23 fixtures.

I think it's a good move and I hope a few others go out and does the same in the next week or so.

It's a fair question. And the other pertinent one, surely, is: What are Sunderland and Kevin Ball doing with Jack Diamond? Is this move really in the best interests of his development? It would seem they think it is....I have my doubts.
Why do you have your doubts? I can only see this will aid his development

Last edited:
It's a great decision. Spenny play some good football, in a very competitive league with the likes of Stockport , York , Dsrlington, Kiddrmisnter, Chorley etc.. and are looking for thier highest league finish in thier entire history. It will be fantastic for him to be a part of, probably play in the playoffs and possibly get promoted. It's the same as a premier league youth player going on loan to a league 2 promotion hopeful. People need to get their heads out of their arses. Most of the current England first team played dozens and dozens of Mens first team football at lower league level in their teens . Its clearly better for their development than playing in glorified friendlies at u23 level. Even man cities u23s the other week looked totally void of any footballing sense. Technically decent individually, but they clearly hadn't played much competitive football as a team. What's the point

Back