What is it with this f*****g forum?

Just back from a funeral (distant), I'm sure there was a link at the bottom or top red bar, but I don't see it now even logging out and going to the website. I remember it wasn't in play store etc just on demand on the site. I use the app on Laptop and on Android and interestingly must have something set nicely as I don't seem to get asked monthly for permission, only if I check something on the website (like now) or another browser, if I stick to the app it seems to be automatically accepting (I assume). I appreciate this message is of no help to anyone!

Yes mate I use the App and never get the offending message, period. Where the eff has the App link gone though but..

Just back from a funeral (distant), I'm sure there was a link at the bottom or top red bar, but I don't see it now even logging out and going to the website. I remember it wasn't in play store etc just on demand on the site. I use the app on Laptop and on Android and interestingly must have something set nicely as I don't seem to get asked monthly for permission, only if I check something on the website (like now) or another browser, if I stick to the app it seems to be automatically accepting (I assume). I appreciate this message is of no help to anyone!
Thanks for the response and my condolences.

Ok everything working correctly as of this morning. Of somebody did something behind the scenes to fix it - thanks! If this was just a spontaneous correction then it’s likely my issue will return in which case I’ll report back!

So I got a full three days before this annoying as shit thing has started again.
Every single click on this site brings up the “we value your privacy” pop up which I have to acknowledge before I can advance.

Just FYI to anyone who cares, this would happen on my old phone (iPhone 6) and a few weeks ago upgraded to an iPhone 13 and it’s happening again so it’s not device related. Nor does anything like this ever happen on any other side I visit.

It is something that would appear to be fairly unique to you though. Nothing has changed on the servers here and the privacy code is still the same version.

Nobody else is reporting this problem.

Is there something else different about when you do and don’t see it? eg. on wifi some of the time, phone network or work internet other times? Incognito mode sometimes, not other times, different browser etc?

Are you using Apples privacy mode? Have you accessed via a desktop/laptop and if so does that have the same issue - basically we need to find out what is different that you are doing compared to anyone else.

It is something that would appear to be fairly unique to you though. Nothing has changed on the servers here and the privacy code is still the same version.

Nobody else is reporting this problem.

Is there something else different about when you do and don’t see it? eg. on wifi some of the time, phone network or work internet other times? Incognito mode sometimes, not other times, different browser etc?

Sorry Roger, a bit OT. I use the app and don't get this message (I dont on the laptop either). My question is where is the link to use the App these days? I cannot see it on the site.

Sorry Roger, a bit OT. I use the app and don't get this message (I dont on the laptop either). My question is where is the link to use the App these days? I cannot see it on the site.

If you have installed it, you won’t see the link. Its what they call a “Progressive Web App” so essentially a bit like a plugin but only for Chrome/Edge based browers.

It isn’t available in the play/app stores and whilst you can install it on Apple devices through Chrome, Apple don’t support features of it such as notifications etc that work on Android/Windows.

When it isn’t installed, the link is at the far right of the address bar in the browser and should also be available under the forum menu (3 horizontal bars) on a mobile device.

If you have installed it, you won’t see the link. Its what they call a “Progressive Web App” so essentially a bit like a plugin but only for Chrome/Edge based browers.

It isn’t available in the play/app stores and whilst you can install it on Apple devices through Chrome, Apple don’t support features of it such as notifications etc that work on Android/Windows.

When it isn’t installed, the link is at the far right of the address bar in the browser and should also be available under the forum menu (3 horizontal bars) on a mobile device.
A lot of members have asked about the app recently.

Perhaps a stickied reminder is in order?

Thanks very much for that, extremely helpful. I will need a new phone eventually and will want to run the APP again. I have had this small sony xperia for at least 4 years and hoping to squeeze another couple of years out of it. Apart from the money savings almost all the phones now are gigantic. That folding Samsung is nice (like old Blackberry's I had) but currently daft prices.

aaaaaaand we’re back to this “we value your privacy” shit again with every click.

I only use this site on my phone. Most of the time while at home using my home wifi, which is where I’ve been the last several days and had no problem up to just now when it started again. I haven’t done anything at all different in the last couple of hours it just started again spontaneously.

aaaaaaand we’re back to this “we value your privacy” shit again with every click.

I only use this site on my phone. Most of the time while at home using my home wifi, which is where I’ve been the last several days and had no problem up to just now when it started again. I haven’t done anything at all different in the last couple of hours it just started again spontaneously.

Try using the App mate, see if that helps. Might not have all the bells and whistles that Android has if using an apple device.

rarely get it

As I have pointed out, everyone will get this once every 30 days as it is a legal requirement. But something is unique to @Tex and his setup. The issue is working out what is different between his setup and everyone elses. We get nearly 20K visitors to the forum daily, and whilst I doubt he is the only person having problems, he is certainly the only person to report any problems.

Plenty of people are accessing the forums via iPhones, so it isn't a general issue with them or the Safari broswer - but @Tex has seen it on 2 different devices and not on a work internet which may block things.

I would try using the app if I knew from where to find it and upload. It’s not visible on the iTunes App Store!
See Roger's post above.

Well it was still happening when I woke up this morning then a couple of hours later it just stopped.
Until the next time … 😄

… and here we are at the next time.
Same phone - using it this morning no problems. Haven’t left the house all day so haven’t changed servers or whatever but now we’re back to the privacy pop-up with every single mouse click.
Haway then …

Back