What is it with this f*****g forum?

Tex

Striker
It’s becoming a weekly thing now that every single click within the forum brings up a ‘We value your privacy ‘ message that I have to agree to before I can advance to the page I want to read or reply too. I dunno if it’s just me or if this happens to other people too but it makes the forum almost unusable. Never encountered this on any other forum I look at. Sort it out fellas eh?

It is once a month unless you clear your cookies (or refuse to accept them which means we need to ask you each visit).

Unfortunately is is UK law that we must ask you. It isn't something we want to do.

If you aren't getting it on other forums it is either because they aren't UK/EU based or they are flouting the law.

Last edited:
It is once a month unless you clear your cookies (or refuse to accept them which means we need to ask you each visit).

Unfortunately is is UK law that we must ask you. It isn't something we want to do.

If you aren't getting it on other forums it is either because they aren't UK/EU based or they are flouting the law.
Yeah but this doesn’t happen once a month, or even once a visit, but seemingly weekly for the last few weeks there’s a period of a couple of days wherein every single click brings up the “we value your privacy” box. It will last a day or two then disappear. It’s gone now so I dunno if you fixed it behind the scenes or if it was spontaneous but it’s a pain in the arse when it’s happening.

I get the same message approximately once per month on both the devices, android phone and windows laptop, I use to access this site.

No other issues.

Newly acquired iPhone 13 - but it used to happen in my old iPhone 6 too

Safari browser or something different?
I get the same message approximately once per month on both the devices, android phone and windows laptop, I use to access this site.

No other issues.

Yes, that would be expected or if you change device or browser. It isn’t tied to your user id as it has to behave the same for guests too.

You should only be repeatedly asked if your browser is set to deny cookies, or clear them on exit etc (eg in incognito mode). Then you would see it once per session.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else in the USA is seeing this problem (I am assuming Tex is there). Its clearly not widespread amongst UK users.

Yes, that would be expected or if you change device or browser. It isn’t tied to your user id as it has to behave the same for guests too.

You should only be repeatedly asked if your browser is set to deny cookies, or clear them on exit etc (eg in incognito mode). Then you would see it once per session.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else in the USA is seeing this problem (I am assuming Tex is there). Its clearly not widespread amongst UK users.

I forgot to mention I use chrome on both devices.

Yep, that's my experience.

I get the same message if I ever do a 'spring clean' and clear cache on either/both devices.

I access the site on a number of devices, and get the message infrequently. Don’t know if it’s once a month or more/less, it’s not an intrusive issue.

OK here we go again.
After a few days respite (don’t know if it was fixed deliberately or spontaneously) once again every single page clock requires me to respond to the “we value your privacy” pop up. It makes the site almost unusable.

OK here we go again.
After a few days respite (don’t know if it was fixed deliberately or spontaneously) once again every single page clock requires me to respond to the “we value your privacy” pop up. It makes the site almost unusable.

Do you access the site via the app or just a Web page/favourite?

Had a quick butchers on the App Store and didn’t see anything under SMB, Ready 2 Go etc
Aye mate, I don't think it is "publicly available" on the app stores, there was a link on the SMB site somewhere which allows it to download onto your device. I have linked Roger and Pancho in above, hopefully one of them can point us in the right direction. I was looking again but I am being hounded by a client for something. Will try again later

I use the app but can't remember from whence it came.

We'll need to wait for the gaffer's input, unless the nerdy merger @McMackem can help.

Just back from a funeral (distant), I'm sure there was a link at the bottom or top red bar, but I don't see it now even logging out and going to the website. I remember it wasn't in play store etc just on demand on the site. I use the app on Laptop and on Android and interestingly must have something set nicely as I don't seem to get asked monthly for permission, only if I check something on the website (like now) or another browser, if I stick to the app it seems to be automatically accepting (I assume). I appreciate this message is of no help to anyone!

Back