What have you achieved in your life?

It is indeed. To not wake up on Earth is the aim. Every morning is a sad time. Then you just get sucked into the daily grind.
No it isn't , it just comes with unavoidable pain large or small . Sadness is an appraisal and a creation of a referent self .
It's not any successes that define my life but my main failure which was to become an enlightened being in one lifetime, and I have indeed failed at that when I should not have. That's life I suppose, no matter how well your intentions there are just so many distractions along the way. How much easier it would have been to live in a cave in the Himalayas like in times gone by.
Awareness then if not enlightenment . Progress made ...for now .😉

I once had a shit in the back garden, I bet there's not many done that.

I don't recall leaving a calling card in your garden but I once 'slaughtered a bear' next to the M40 Beaconsfield roundabout whilst hitching.

A lorry picked me up 10 mins later and he reckoned he could "smell something funny".

I told him 10 miles up the road

It's not any successes that define my life but my main failure which was to become an enlightened being in one lifetime, and I have indeed failed at that when I should not have. That's life I suppose, no matter how well your intentions there are just so many distractions along the way. How much easier it would have been to live in a cave in the Himalayas like in times gone by.
Done it a few times mate,been there for a few months at a time to cleanse my mind and simplify life....Nam myoho renge kyo 🌍

Logon or register to see this image
Logon or register to see this image

Only had altitude sickness once Jeff,30 or so years ago at just over 5000 meters in the Hindu Kush,back then I was super fit,incredible cardio fitness,now I am fucked and acclimatise easily 🤔
Increasing age is known to reduce the effects of acute mountain sickness. May you have many more years at altitude - climb high - sleep low.

Where is that? I looked into doing the annapurna circuit last night year, but due to work commitments I didn’t have the chance. Hope to still do this in the future.
I first did the Annapurna as a kid 30 odd years back,back then you started walking direct from lakeside,nowadays you get the bus almost halfway,your better off doing the EBC to be truthful.

Awareness then if not enlightenment . Progress made ...for now .😉

Yes, maybe I make the mistake of looking up from the path to see the destination and immediately wander from the path. Through my life I could have made greater conscious effort but sometimes I think that once you have the cognitive realisation that "it" is within you, then the stream will carry you forward even if you decide to make it harder for yourself at times. I can see "it" in others a lot of the time and as Ram Dass (Richard Alpert) once said, See everyone else as God in drag. ;)

Krishna said in the Gita that even in the last moment, the last breath, someone can enter Satchitanand (Ocean of Truth, Consciousness and Bliss). He said, In your darkest, darkest hour, remember me and I will be there. I am not a Hare Krishna follower or devotee but he is also called The Lord of Yoga so maybe there is hope for us all yet.

Last edited:

Back