What have you achieved in your life?

You read both sets of short stories now, mate?
no just the first lot - got distracted as a potential overseas job came up and got fully into the proposal. Its not going to happen so will get your book tonight and read it in the orchard tomorrow with the dogs at my feet chilling ( and probably crapping myself if its owt like the last ones

no just the first lot - got distracted as a potential overseas job came up and got fully into the proposal. Its not going to happen so will get your book tonight and read it in the orchard tomorrow with the dogs at my feet chilling ( and probably crapping myself if its owt like the last ones
It's worse; pure horror and body shock stuff. :lol:

No every one is true in their own way.

• I've only bowled a cricket ball on a proper wicket once. It was in my one and only PE lesson at school. We had one over to bowl each and I bowled him first ball, then that was me done
  • I've attempted one drop goal in rugby and it was because we we getting beat by around 90 points :oops:
  • I did 12 weeks civilian hospital training while in the RAMC working on wards, helping the anaesthetist and assisting in surgeries as the 'dirty nurse'
  • The quiz was supposed to be on TV and hosted by David Bellamy but he got himself locked up for tying himself to trees in Australia
Ah, sort of achievement-free achievements. :lol:

It's not any successes that define my life but my main failure which was to become an enlightened being in one lifetime, and I have indeed failed at that when I should not have. That's life I suppose, no matter how well your intentions there are just so many distractions along the way. How much easier it would have been to live in a cave in the Himalayas like in times gone by.

Last edited:
It's not any successes that define my life but my main failure which was to become an enlightened being in one lifetime, and I have indeed failed at that when I should not have. That's life I suppose, no matter how well your intentions there are just so many distractions along the way. How much easier it would have been to live in a cave in the Himalayas like in times gone by.

In summary people are *****.

My bairn, breathing, being a decent enough human being, owning an interesting collection of different stuff (not hearts or bones though) and being a canny artist / creative person. I don't have endless degrees or higher qualifications but I think I could get a B+ in this thing called life (at the very least).

Absolutely nothing. I have never been ambitious and never had any goals. I have been happily married for 36 years and never been a person to have exotic holidays, cars or make millions.

I am perfectly happy living a contented life and achieving fuck all
Well done you sir I salute you. It matters not one jot what others think its what you think that matters I wish you and yours all the very best.

Absolutely nothing. I have never been ambitious and never had any goals. I have been happily married for 36 years and never been a person to have exotic holidays, cars or make millions.

I am perfectly happy living a contented life and achieving fuck all

Being content with what you have is a great formula for happiness and avoiding stress.
Certainly an attitude I could do with learning from
Got a gobble of two lasses at the same time outside of trillions back in 2004. Both lookers as well. #proud

Edit: I take that back, I want what he had

Last edited:
Been on the losing side of pretty much every election and every referendum since getting to voting age.

Looking at what and who we as a country voted for, I am immensley proud of that.

Lots of things imo, however in these modern times it's less about personal achievements that mean something to you and more about achievements that have to be recognised by others. If it isn't caught on film / photographed then it didn't happen as far as others are concerned.

Back