What have you achieved in your life?

Did my first 100 miles bike ride at 62-ish.
Escaped poverty.
Managed to get 3 separate women to spend part of their life with me. Unbelievable.
Did my one and only marathon in 4-14m without stopping, apart from a few seconds to grab a drink.
So am I. I've been in the ring with British, European and World champion boxers.

Crufts ?

Last edited:

Junior chess champion at school, got a shield.
25 yard swimming certificate, Junior school.
Bronze medal swimming badge. Senior school.
Got married and still married to the same woman 30 years later.
3 kids who are all grown up now and are all doing fine in their jobs......well, until this shutdown, which has gave two of them home breaks and furlough.
I suppose I could name hundreds of other achievements, like most could, because everything you do is an achievement in some way shape or form.
Those fighting illness, whether mental or physical achieve something every day.
Someone wiring a plug for the first time (correctly) is an achievement,

The thing is: do you need a certificate or a trophy or shield to be classed as an achiever?

Me too and I'm fine with that, being an unbeliever, but that's a bit bleak coming from you. I thought you were a God botherer? Perhaps I have you mixed up with somebody else but if you believe in an afterlife you surely would see things differently to that?

The Buddhists are on the money. The aim is to break free of the cycle of life. Life is the punishment.

I went bald when I was 25 (all fell out in a fortnight) and it never grew back. I've heard some people love a baldy but I've yet to see evidence!
Baldies are meant to look hard marra, do the hard look.
Buddhism is the only belief system I give any credence to; live every moment as if it's your last, someday it will be; the journey is more important than the destination etc., but there's so much more that I can't get my head around.
stupid

Last edited by a moderator:

Back