What happens when the Queen kicks the bucket?

Sorry to hear about your nana but was your nanna the Queen?
Nope.
Royal is different.

Why is it different? Using the metrics people use to lavish praise on, and demand respect for the queen, it's no different at all

Only difference is millions of good British folk have been conditioned from birth to see the monarchy as 'higher' or more 'worthy' than everyone else. When in reality, we are born equal.

Please explain
What a daft post.

Why?

Why is it different? Using the metrics people use to lavish praise on, and demand respect for the queen, it's no different at all

Only difference is millions of good British folk have been conditioned from birth to see the monarchy as 'higher' or more 'worthy' than everyone else. When in reality, we are born equal.

Please explain
No need to explain having an allegiance and loyalty to the sovereign of your native land.

No need to explain having an allegiance and loyalty to the sovereign of your native land.

Nothing illogical about having loyalty and pride in your native land. It's completely natural.

But why would you show that same loyalty and allegiance to another human being who wouldn't show the same respect to you? It's illogical .

The whole monarchy system doesn't stand up to a single ounce of reasoning in a 21st century democracy

I can understand why it was needed in the middle ages. You paid your taxes and in return you got governance and protection . We haven't needed a monarchy for that reason for about 300 years.

Nothing illogical about having loyalty and pride in your native land. It's completely natural.

But why would you show that same loyalty and allegiance to another human being who wouldn't show the same respect to you? It's illogical .

The whole monarchy system doesn't stand up to a single ounce of reasoning in a 21st century democracy

I can understand why it was needed in the middle ages. You paid your taxes and in return you got governance and protection . We haven't needed a monarchy for that reason for about 300 years.
Well that's your opinion marra, and you're more than welcome to it.
Millions of other Brits would disagree with you mind.

Please explain

Why?

Did anyone go on a public forum and call your nana a nasty old bitch? Did people call her useless and a waste of money? Were people who she had never met claiming to be glad that she was dead and hoping that your grandad would soon follow her into the grave?

As for being born equal that is a complete joke. How equal are the kids of Bill Gates to the children of an single working class mum living in a council flat? How equal are the schools that those children go to? How much influence does the single parent have in getting their child into an Oxbridge university or into a top rated job? Born equal, my arse.

Well that's your opinion marra, and you're more than welcome to it.
Millions of other Brits would disagree with you mind.

Oh yeah I'm well aware of that. Personally, I think fawning over the royal family is form of mental illness. But I'll always be interested in hearing the reasoning behind people's feelings towards them, on the hope that one day someone explains it to me using a logical argument that I can understand

Oh yeah I'm well aware of that. Personally, I think fawning over the royal family is form of mental illness. But I'll always be interested in hearing the reasoning behind people's feelings towards them, on the hope that one day someone explains it to me using a logical argument that I can understand

Who is fawning? You are really stretching here.

Will all shops have to stay closed, work stop pubs stay closed and every one put a flag up?
I’ll not be listening to radio or watching linear telly for a few months. I don’t particularly like them so will happily ignore it all until it calms down.

I made sure the aerial on my van unscrews in case the queen follows old phil shortly. It’ll be straight in the glove box for a while as I don’t want to run the risk of inadvertently catching some sycophantic helmet, wank on about how chos she was before I get the chance to switch modes. It was bad enough with that racist owld bassa and nee one liked him.

Did anyone go on a public forum and call your nana a nasty old bitch? Did people call her useless and a waste of money? Were people who she had never met claiming to be glad that she was dead and hoping that your grandad would soon follow her into the grave?

As for being born equal that is a complete joke. How equal are the kids of Bill Gates to the children of an single working class mum living in a council flat? How equal are the schools that those children go to? How much influence does the single parent have in getting their child into an Oxbridge university or into a top rated job? Born equal, my arse.

Your first point, no of course not. Because she paid her own way her entire life. And, I don't think that the deal with the queen is set up so she agrees to take flak from some parts of the public, in return for living a life of untold wealth, luxury and privilege. I really don't see the point in this part of your post ?

The second part, of course, that's the symptoms/results of neo-liberalism / capitalism. It's always going to be there. But the big difference is that the Bill Gates made his own money. He wasnt born a billionaire. His kids will either live off his money or make thier own
Who is fawning? You are really stretching here.

You wouldn't agree that 'fawning' is an applicable adjective to describe how millions of British people act towards the royal family institution?

Last edited:
She has, but surely somebody should have a word with her. She's what, 94? Nobody, not even I'd guess the most die hard royalist is expecting her to continue with what she does. She's lost the man in her life who was always a couple of steps behind her. Her rock. She should have been relaxing for years by now. Surely. she is due a bit of time off and complete rest. Who does she think is expecting her to continue? I can only speak for me, but I don't expect it.

Most wouldn't begrudge her if she didn't continue but I do think she believes that the oath she took at her Coronation means that she will never abdicate. That and the damage she believes was done to the institution of the monarchy by the abdication of her uncle.

I am no great royalist but the alternative would be some former politician as Head of State, as is the system in Germany for example, President Blair, Brown, Major etc. anyone? Or one where the head of the executive is also Head of State, as is the US system, President Johnson etc. Neither option is particularly palatable imho.

I don't think it will. I hope the old dear gets the respect she deserves but I doubt there will be emotional diarrhea from most of the public.

There will be some over the top stuff done because there will be protocols that haven't changed for 70 years since the last death of a monarch.
What?

imagine if Diana died during the social media overload we have now.

it will be awful the Twitter and faceache posts trying to put mourn each other.

It will be a sad, sad day when she goes.
Hopefully she will have the respect she deserves, and the moaning phuckers who have whinged like feck about her husband's death, will have a word with themselves.

She has been the Monarch for my entire 63 years of life and has done a fabulous job, loved and respected around the world. When she dies, for me it will be almost like losing a beloved famiy member, matriarch even. I will be gutted.
I’m not a huge fan of the monarchy myself. I don’t like the idea that someone is born in to a position of power. Everyone should be born equal. I’m not saying I would be happy when it happens. It would be sad in the same way that I hear of any strangers death in the news. I certainly don’t feel as strong about this as @Professor Yaffle :lol:
No-one expects The Spanish Inquisition Professor Yaffle!!

Please explain

Why?
The Royals are not born equal. They are born with a huge weight of expectation of duty to the country upon their shoulders, which is why the majority of sensible people in this country do not begrudge them their luxuries.

Last edited:
She has been the Monarch for my entire 63 years of life and has done a fabulous job, loved and respected around the world. When she dies, for me it will be almost like losing a beloved famiy member, matriarch even. I will be gutted.

No-one expects The Spanish Inquisition Professor Yaffle!!

The Royals are not born equal. They are born with a huge weight of expectation of duty to the country upon their shoulders, which is why the majority of sensible people in this country do not begrudge them their luxuries.
What duty is that? All they have to do is jet set 1st class to the odd event and smile. I absolutely begrudge them their luxuries. What they have is not earned at all. Just for clarification, I have no problem with the likes of Bill Gates, Elon Musk or anyone else who have earned it.

I think there's a big difference between fawning over them, and having respect for them, and when I say them, I mean The Queen

The Queen has decreed that no uniforms are to be worn at the funeral to placate her juvenile 61 year old paedophile son who is deemed unfit to wear a uniform.

The Queen has decreed that no uniforms are to be worn at the funeral to placate her juvenile 61 year old paedophile son who is deemed unfit to wear a uniform.

Wrong! It’s to placate her thirty nine year old grandson who has buggered off to America and has been stripped of his military titles and thus his right to wear a uniform. He would have been the only one not in military regalia and so the Queen told them all to wear suits instead.

Wrong! It’s to placate her thirty nine year old grandson who has buggered off to America and has been stripped of his military titles and thus his right to wear a uniform. He would have been the only one not in military regalia and so the Queen told them all to wear suits instead.

Wrong! Prince Harry is 36 not 39.

Back