What happens when the Queen kicks the bucket?

“When the Queen Mother passed away on the afternoon of Easter Saturday, in 2002, at the Royal Lodge in Windsor, she had time to telephone friends to say goodbye, and to give away some of her horses.”

That seems to make her death very matter of fact.

“Hi Sheila y’alright? Just to let you know I’m popping off at 5 so I’ll see you later. By the way swing by the stables on Tuesday and give Bessie a muck out, she’s yours now. Tara”

I’m not a huge fan of the monarchy myself. I don’t like the idea that someone is born in to a position of power. Everyone should be born equal. I’m not saying I would be happy when it happens. It would be sad in the same way that I hear of any strangers death in the news. I certainly don’t feel as strong about this as @Professor Yaffle :lol:

Last edited:
I hate the lot of them, and I freely admit it. Not only the institution, but as people everything I see or read about them convinces me of their absolute twattishness. I know a couple of people who've worked with William and one guy who worked closely with Andrew. Not pleasant people, by any stretch of the imagination. William is as gormless as they come, but one day he'll be the king of my country. Get rid. My preferred option is the guillotine, but I'll accept simply stripping them of their assets and letting them crack on. ;)

I hate the lot of them, and I freely admit it. Not only the institution, but as people everything I see or read about them convinces me of their absolute twattishness. I know a couple of people who've worked with William and one guy who worked closely with Andrew. Not pleasant people, by any stretch of the imagination. William is as gormless as they come, but one day he'll be the king of my country. Get rid. My preferred option is the guillotine, but I'll accept simply stripping them of their assets and letting them crack on. ;)
No he isn't. I knew him pretty well from uni. He isn't gormless at all

Aye, it's incredible to think that she became Queen when she was 26.

She wouldn't even have been Queen if it weren't for her father's brother abdicating.

She came off the bench and played a blinder.
She has, but surely somebody should have a word with her. She's what, 94? Nobody, not even I'd guess the most die hard royalist is expecting her to continue with what she does. She's lost the man in her life who was always a couple of steps behind her. Her rock. She should have been relaxing for years by now. Surely. she is due a bit of time off and complete rest. Who does she think is expecting her to continue? I can only speak for me, but I don't expect it.

People out of their trees if they think a bank holiday will be put in place. Bet the pubs, bookies and other retail outlets will still have to work.

People out of their trees if they think a bank holiday will be put in place. Bet the pubs, bookies and other retail outlets will still have to work.
Don't underestimate the scale of it.

Absolutely everything will shut down.

It will be the biggest State occasion in this country since the coronation.

you dont have to like the royals, but surely showing respect isnt too much is it?

Never understood this 'show respect thing'. Did any of them bat an eyelid when my nana died ? Did they all have a period of mourning and lay flowers outside of my Nana's house ? No, they didn't. Yet my nana lived and worked through the war. Grafted all her life, payed her fair share of taxes, lived in a little house in southwick and just about afforded to maintain herself in retirement with very little luxury other than the odd game of bingo. My nana volunteered at the Credit Union and as a carer for 25 years after her retirement from work. Never stopped doing things for the community, running coffee mornings, doing alterations for peoples curtains and trousers. Helped Bringing up kids and grand kids and great grand kids and all of her mates kids , with enthusiasm. Hard as f***ing nails and put more into this country in a single day than any royal ever will.

Did anyone who didn't know her stop to pay 'respect' when she died? Did they fuck .

Did the royal family give a shiney shite about her? Did they fuck

Did she get the best medical treatments money could buy on the tax payers tab? Did she fuck.

So excuse me for not getting all teary eyed and proud of the 'pomp' .

It's 2021 for fucks sake. Kings, queens, thrones, crowns, palaces , princesses, royal subjects ... These things are from fairytale stories based in the middle ages. Not the modern world

Never understood this 'show respect thing'. Did any of them bat an eyelid when my nana died ? Did they all have a period of mourning and lay flowers outside of my Nana's house ? No, they didn't. Yet my nana lived and worked through the war. Grafted all her life, payed her fair share of taxes, lived in a little house in southwick and just about afforded to maintain herself in retirement with very little luxury other than the odd game of bingo. My nana volunteered at the Credit Union and as a carer for 25 years after her retirement from work. Never stopped doing things for the community, running coffee mornings, doing alterations for peoples curtains and trousers. Helped Bringing up kids and grand kids and great grand kids and all of her mates kids , with enthusiasm. Hard as f***ing nails and put more into this country in a single day than any royal ever will.

Did anyone who didn't know her stop to pay 'respect' when she died? Did they fuck .

Did she get the best medical treatments money could buy on the tax payers tab? Did she fuck.

It's 2021 for fucks sake. Kings, queens, thrones, crowns, palaces , princesses, royal subjects ... These things are from fairytale stories based in the middle ages. Not the modern world
Sorry to hear about your nana but was your nanna the Queen?
Nope.
Royal is different.

What a daft post.

Back