what happened to frankie boyle

He improved.

He's an old man now, if he was still doing bits about who's hotter, Maddy or Shannon Matthews, he'd be fading into obscurity like Manning, Davidson and Roy Chubby Brown.
Chubby was always obscure, and never had a TV presence........ he is still constantly touring and filling venues all over the country with no media support or advertising.

Chubby was always obscure, and never had a TV presence........ he is still constantly touring and filling venues all over the country with no media support or advertising.
Fair enough, he seemed massive when I was little but maybe that was pretty localised.

I've always thought of him as left wing. I think he's just cut down on some of his more "shock comedian" material, particularly on TV.
He has to on TV really, the BBC has always reined him in and channel 4 got loads of shit over him when he did tramedol nights. I really don't think it's a case of him going woke, he's just aware of what he can get away with in that format (much in the same way as we won't say the same thing at work as we would in the pub with our mates)

More curious about his live stuff, can't see him censoring himself dealing with hecklers etc personally.

He has to on TV really, the BBC has always reined him in and channel 4 got loads of shit over him when he did tramedol nights. I really don't think it's a case of him going woke, he's just aware of what he can get away with in that format (much in the same way as we won't say the same thing at work as we would in the pub with our mates)

More curious about his live stuff, can't see him censoring himself dealing with hecklers etc personally.
Tramadol Nights was so good, the Night Rider thing still makes laugh

Back