What happen to being one of the lads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyMafia

Midfield
A few truisms.

I love SAFC with a passion but that passion did not come from watching great players, seeing trophies year after year or having a classic footballing tradition.

The thing that keeps me going is the pride I have in being part of a club that has a reputation for being some of the most loyal and passionate fans in the country.

Safc as a footballing unit is at best mediocrity. Aye the threat of success rears its head every now and again but ultimately were somwehere in the middle of it all.

We start losing our ability to get behind the team we loose what were all about. The bubble of the Reid era foray into the Prem has burst. Now, Mick and the lads need the support that at times can turn an average player into a world beater for 90 mins.

Even the best sides will shite themselves at playing in front of a partizan crowd with a team of young bloods smashing into em. I understand this theory has its flaws but we have to be honest enough to realise we are gonna struggle this year on talent alone.

I do not apologise for the emotional bollocks Ive just written cos when I hear some of the negativity on here its boils my piss.

FFS we are Sunderland. We've all stood there in the pouring rain at Roker baying for blood. A tribe apart.

Now we leave with 10 mins to go to get the car. As it stands people band Pompey and West Ham as the cauldrons of football. Not the SOL.

Lets put it right. Find your pride and your voice.

Keep the faith.

MonkeyMafia said:
A few truisms.

I love SAFC with a passion but that passion did not come from watching great players, seeing trophies year after year or having a classic footballing tradition.

The thing that keeps me going is the pride I have in being part of a club that has a reputation for being some of the most loyal and passionate fans in the country.

Safc as a footballing unit is at best mediocrity. Aye the threat of success rears its head every now and again but ultimately were somwehere in the middle of it all.

We start losing our ability to get behind the team we loose what were all about. The bubble of the Reid era foray into the Prem has burst. Now, Mick and the lads need the support that at times can turn an average player into a world beater for 90 mins.

Even the best sides will shite themselves at playing in front of a partizan crowd with a team of young bloods smashing into em. I understand this theory has its flaws but we have to be honest enough to realise we are gonna struggle this year on talent alone.

I do not apologise for the emotional bollocks Ive just written cos when I hear some of the negativity on here its boils my piss.

FFS we are Sunderland. We've all stood there in the pouring rain at Roker baying for blood. A tribe apart.

Now we leave with 10 mins to go to get the car. As it stands people band Pompey and West Ham as the cauldrons of football. Not the SOL.

Keep the faith.

Agreed

MonkeyMafia said:
A few truisms.

Keep the faith.

Listen to the fella everyone. Take note.

A very good post mate. But I'm afraid I'm resigned to accepting those days are gone for us. It started when we moved stadiums and then completely blew three season ago.

There are still a few left who will never lose that spirit, but I'm afraid they're diluted.

I'm not one of those few anymore by the way. :neutral:

MonkeyMafia said:
A few truisms.

Keep the faith.

Brilliant post. I started going to Roker in the 1970s. One of the most noticeable things then was when we went a goal down the roar that would come from the crowd as we kicked off again. It simply doesn`t happen now.
McCarthy praised the fans yesterday and fair enough 34,000 paid their money. But the atmosphere was poor. We really do have to get behind them.
Many people on here accept we`ll struggle this season but can`t accept losing it seems - but those two things go hand in hand.
WTF is going on with people going out after 40 minutes? If you cannot survive without a pie,piss or a cigarette for about 110 minutes then you have serious issues to deal with.

MonkeyMafia said:
A few truisms.

Keep the faith.

Excellent post mate. The truth is that Sunderland AFC do not deserve Sunderland, maybe MK Dons supporters.

Cracking post. I was depressed driving back last night, but we need to get behind the team. There was a lot of disappointing aspects about yesterday, but the crowd reaction was as big a one as any.

MonkeyMafia said:
A few truisms.

Keep the faith.
Excellent post, very William Wallace, I thought i was going to see a shout of something like you may beat us all the time but you'll never take our passion!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post. I was shot down last night trying to put the point forward. The atmosphere was shite yesterday, if we get behind the team when we go a goal down etc then we stand more chance of coming back. I agree with onlyfoolsrushin the most dissapointing thing for me yesterday was our lack of passion from the crowd.

MonkeyMafia said:
A few truisms.

Keep the faith.

Fuzzy wuzzy was a wuzzy?

Blame society for ditching blind faith ... Blame Murray for everthing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back