What gives you joy?

I’ve been off the drink for a fortnight doing dry jan and been hitting the gym every morning and found my mood and energy levels are really good at the minute, spending lost of time with my wife and daughter which is brilliant. The match with my old Man and mates for the release of the working week is worth it’s weight in gold. Not on my phone very five minutes helps as well and not being on the phone when I jump into bed.

I've thought a lot about this , thinking about what gives me joy. Life's damn hard and it's the small things that can make you feel life is above average . Interesting to see people's own reflections on this. For me.....

1. An entire stadium singing 6 in a row during which I turn to my daughter at the match and she's doing the same
2. Beatles anthology songs which have little snippets of a jam which became a massive hit
3. A toast to the Captain ( a shipwreck of a Capt Morgan and Coke )
4. A good quality coat - because you never know
Simple things:

Morning coffee/toilet visit
Full fry up
Taking dog for a walk
Dog walk to a pub
Putting on the wood burner, having a drink, watching footy with family
Sleeping, eating.

I’ve been off the drink for a fortnight doing dry jan and been hitting the gym every morning and found my mood and energy levels are really good at the minute, spending lost of time with my wife and daughter which is brilliant. The match with my old Man and mates for the release of the working week is worth it’s weight in gold. Not on my phone very five minutes helps as well and not being on the phone when I jump into bed.
Do you actually jump in to bed though? The wife tells me off when I jump on the bed, she says I am too heavy and will break the bed. I hope you don't get wrong for jumping on the bed.

Back