What food do you order when getting a takeaway?

• Thread starter Deleted member 44322
  • Start date

ill give that a shot, usually use top chef, mucky marys or ken tong in murray st, all decent.

singapore chow mein, friedrice, curry, chips, hot n sour soup plus prawn crackers.

mixed kebab, chick madras, special rice, chilli cheese naan (masala house york rd).
I used to use mucky Mary's (chow kee) but I noticed the curry started getting a bit too hot and it seemed to have changed a bit. I used to absolutely love it with fried rice..the time when you got the little teaspoon of peas at the side of the fried rice in those white polystyrene cartons and the lass would ask you if you wanted soy sauce on the rice.
The gravy was gorgeous as well.
Now and again I'll nip in and have a curry and chips on a dinner time. I say now and again, I really mean twice a year or something. :lol:

I used to use mucky Mary's (chow kee) but I noticed the curry started getting a bit too hot and it seemed to have changed a bit. I used to absolutely love it with fried rice..the time when you got the little teaspoon of peas at the side of the fried rice in those white polystyrene cartons and the lass would ask you if you wanted soy sauce on the rice.
The gravy was gorgeous as well.
Now and again I'll nip in and have a curry and chips on a dinner time. I say now and again, I really mean twice a year or something. :lol:

mate lives in Michigan n as soon as hes home he sprints there.:lol:

yeh not as nice as 20 year back like.

Imperial Palace in Magherafelt.

I Usually order Singapore Fried Rice (without prawns) or Singapore Noodles (without prawns)
Wife always orders Chicken & Black Bean Sauce and Fried Rice.

Been over a month since we last ordered a take away, I think a one is due 🤔

Indian: chicken/king prawn jalfrezi with pilau rice
Chinese: kung po chicken/king prawn with egg fried rice. Might have salt and pepper squid as a starter
FIsh and chips: Haddock. chips, mushy peas
Pizza: create your own with anchovies, capers, black olives and pineapple
🤮

Cinnamon Special Tandoori, funnily enough from Cinnamon in Fulwell.
We use them too, nice place. What actually is the special tandoori?
Roast pork chow mein black bean from liking. Enough for two scrans.
I'd like to try there actually, but I don't think they deliver and we've usually had a few drinks before ordering. 😞

Last edited by a moderator:
Balti special pizza from Chom Chom Spice (outstanding pizza 9/10)

Masala kebab box from RizQ (solid 8/10)

Salt and pepper chicken with curry and rice from Fountain Garden (best salt and pepper chicken in Sunderland 10/10)

Roshwun balti 5 course special from Newaab (my favourite indian takeaway atm, solid 8/10)

Back