Monthly subs for (look at me):
  • PDSA
  • Save the Children
  • Unicef
  • National Deaf Children's Society
  • WWT
  • National Trust
  • Cancer Research (Lottery)
You could argue that the last three aren't charities but I can't remember the last time I visited a National Trust property or the Wildfowl Park. As for the lottery...
Aye mines similar to that actually bar the national trust.
đź‘Ť

Might start raising some money for an Afghan charity that’s looking after pets that have been abandoned as people flee the taliban.

What sort of thing/activity/event would people donate lots of money to that doesn’t involve much effort on my part?

Varies
Cancelled all the ÂŁ2 a month stuff when the divorce landed . Just a big mess now preying on people's better side . I take a canny bit to food banks at times during year

Buy far too many books, cds, dvds and records for starters. most of which end up back there a few months later. Do charity librarit’s exist? Eh? @Muppet ??? Eh?

Back in the before times I used to put my copper change in the guide dog box on the bar of my local. I’m sure they used to go out of the way to avoid giving me 5p coins. Believe me it mounted up.

Last edited:
Every month I do the Postcode Lottery.

Ever since my daughters were born, I've donated ÂŁ20 a year to the NSPCC as part of their Letters From Santa campaign.

Every year I try to buy the SAFC football poppy pin from the Royal British Legion poppy shop. The 2021 ones are on sale now at Sunderland AFC Poppy Football Pin 2021 if anyone wants one.

Ad-hoc bits and pieces via Just Giving, Go Fund Me etc.

Pay a tenner a month to both cancer research and save the children.
Try to buy books / CDs from charity shops.
Always donate to comic relief / sport aid etc when on tele.

The charitable spirit of us Brits is one of our best traits

Back