What crackdown? Hospital car parks raked in a record £175m last year

Keep your cinema tickets and any receipts to show that you were there on lawful business and they should waive the fine.
Doubt it.

Wife got a ticket at Peterlee shopping centre despite being on a list as authorised to park because she was working in probation next door.

Made the mistake of 'appealing' it through what's supposed to be the UK parking industry self - regulator on their website.

Just a sham by the looks of it with rules and timescales so tight it's actually really difficult to 'appeal'.

Because we had to wait for the sods at Peterlee to send the 'proof' i.e. the list, the timescale to 'appeal' passed and now they won't listen.

Got court threats coming through the door now so we'll have to twatting pay double now.

Doubt it.

Wife got a ticket at Peterlee shopping centre despite being on a list as authorised to park because she was working in probation next door.

Made the mistake of 'appealing' it through what's supposed to be the UK parking industry self - regulator on their website.

Just a sham by the looks of it with rules and timescales so tight it's actually really difficult to 'appeal'.

Because we had to wait for the sods at Peterlee to send the 'proof' i.e. the list, the timescale to 'appeal' passed and now they won't listen.

Got court threats coming through the door now so we'll have to twatting pay double now.

I got a fine at Asda car park. I took my receipts into the shop to show that had been in the shop throughout the time and they phoned straight through for me to get the fine rescinded.

Actually, i didn’t have the receipts but luckily I had used my debit card both in the cafe, and for my shopping, so I just took a copy of my bank statement showing the transactions.

We only found out about the permits because someone on here told me. None of the hospital staff told us about it and there's nothing on the car park signs about it.

The reception desk at Sunderland Royal, has notices up about long term parking, or they did when my mum was in there last year. We just bought a monthly pass and saved a small fortune over the three weeks that she was in before she died.

So you think blue badge holders shouldn't park for free because you don't qualify for one ? also a Blue badge isn't awarded based on what condition you have it's how it affects you, though as you know everything you already know that....

No mention of how many cars are scrapped, crashed, stolen and sent to a different country either.

Actually, sweetie, my Mum qualifies for a free blue badge and it’s currently sitting in my car. So stick that on your needles and knit it! There are two people posting on this account, my mum and me. I generally only post in the games forum, but I noticed the car park thread and decided to have my say!

Last edited:
I got a fine at Asda car park. I took my receipts into the shop to show that had been in the shop throughout the time and they phoned straight through for me to get the fine rescinded.

Actually, i didn’t have the receipts but luckily I had used my debit card both in the cafe, and for my shopping, so I just took a copy of my bank statement showing the transactions.

The reception desk at Sunderland Royal, has notices up about long term parking, or they did when my mum was in there last year. We just bought a monthly pass and saved a small fortune over the three weeks that she was in before she died.

Actually, sweetie, my Mum qualifies for a free blue badge and it’s currently sitting in my car. So stick that on your needles and knit it! There are two people posting on this account, my mum and me. I generally only post in the games forum, but I noticed the car park thread and decided to have my say!
So you don't pay for parking anyway but want to stop it being free for Blue badge holders ?

So you don't pay for parking anyway but want to stop it being free for Blue badge holders ?

Asda parking is free for everybody. It’s only if you stay more than 3 hours you get fined. After eating at the cafe and doing the Christmas shop we didn’t realise how long we had been there.

I think if one group has to pay for parking, everybody should - including my mam when she’s using her blue badge. They already benefit from getting parked closer to the hospital etc, so why penalise other people on their behalf?

Asda parking is free for everybody. It’s only if you stay more than 3 hours you get fined. After eating at the cafe and doing the Christmas shop we didn’t realise how long we had been there.

I think if one group has to pay for parking, everybody should - including my mam when she’s using her blue badge. They already benefit from getting parked closer to the hospital etc, so why penalise other people on their behalf?
An able bodied person can park outside the paying car park should they choose, a disabled person would struggle and I they think struggle enough.

I got a parking notice from Boldon Asda for being 11 minutes over the 90 minutes allowed.
Went in to see the manager...some gonk duty manager said that he couldn't cancel it coz it was private land. I told him he was lying and that it was asdas land.
I went back a couple of days later and saw a different duty manager who cancelled it straight away with no questions.

An able bodied person can park outside the paying car park should they choose, a disabled person would struggle and I they think struggle enough.

^^ this! Plus a disabled space is wide with plenty of room to get a wheelchair out of the car and then it's easy access from the car park into the hospital (or supermarket or wherever).

If you have to park in the street, you run the risk of someone parking too close behind so you can't get the ramp down to get the wheelchair back in again, and then you have to walk around finding dropped kerbs to get across roads.

Eg: if you leave Sunderland Empire, you can't cross the road onto Church Lane to get to the Bridges car park with a wheelchair as the kerb is too high. You have to push the chair all the way down to the Rabbit and cross over to Revolution, then push the chair all the way back up again.

That's the f***ing stupid thing about it as well..
Our governments ...

Charge students (our kids) to educate them and at the same time adding to their woes by plunging them into impossible debt.

Charge medical staff to park outside their own place of word, as well as charging relatives parking fees because they dare to visit family members in need of medical attention. Free at the point of delivery? .... I think not.

Allow the presence of bullies in car parks to grind the last penny out of drivers whilst ensuring their maximum inconvenience. Allowing, maybe encouraging, legal bullying of us, the victims of their cynicism.

Take taxes from all of us to ensure the development of London at our expense.

Refuse to imprison Members of Parliament who cheat on their expenses. Not just once, but twice, because they knew they could. How would we have fared?

Refuse to punish Bankers who destroy the UK financial economy, cheat and lie at the drop of a hat. Again, how would we have fared?

... and we allow them to continue. WHY?

I should have been a bit more savvy but they were just twats to deal with this lot.

Our governments ...

Charge students (our kids) to educate them and at the same time adding to their woes by plunging them into impossible debt.

Charge medical staff to park outside their own place of word, as well as charging relatives parking fees because they dare to visit family members in need of medical attention. Free at the point of delivery? .... I think not.

Allow the presence of bullies in car parks to grind the last penny out of drivers whilst ensuring their maximum inconvenience. Allowing, maybe encouraging, legal bullying of us, the victims of their cynicism.

Take taxes from all of us to ensure the development of London at our expense.

Refuse to imprison Members of Parliament who cheat on their expenses. Not just once, but twice, because they knew they could. How would we have fared?

Refuse to punish Bankers who destroy the UK financial economy, cheat and lie at the drop of a hat. Again, how would we have fared?

... and we allow them to continue. WHY?
Too busy fighting amongst ourselves...

^^ this! Plus a disabled space is wide with plenty of room to get a wheelchair out of the car and then it's easy access from the car park into the hospital (or supermarket or wherever).

If you have to park in the street, you run the risk of someone parking too close behind so you can't get the ramp down to get the wheelchair back in again, and then you have to walk around finding dropped kerbs to get across roads.

Eg: if you leave Sunderland Empire, you can't cross the road onto Church Lane to get to the Bridges car park with a wheelchair as the kerb is too high. You have to push the chair all the way down to the Rabbit and cross over to Revolution, then push the chair all the way back up again.
That's a joke. You should complain to the council, it won't take them a few hours to put dropped kerbs there

That's a joke. You should complain to the council, it won't take them a few hours to put dropped kerbs there

Oh my Mam has several times. Apparently there is no need for a dropped kerb there as the Empire has a disabled car park. However it's just a few spaces and they've never been lucky enough to get one.

I do pay for parking pretty much everywhere I go, even with a blue badge. The badge only gives you a parking space, not a free parking space.

Oh my Mam has several times. Apparently there is no need for a dropped kerb there as the Empire has a disabled car park. However it's just a few spaces and they've never been lucky enough to get one.

You should still complain to the council. There are two dropped kerbs near my house and only about three people a day use the path. They were done when Durham a bit spare cash and decided to waste it on speed humps everywhere and dropping kerbs willy nilly. They think it will back up their appeal for planning permission next month for the houses they want to build, but they are wasting their time as I can show that cars are parked on that stretch of path virtually every hour of the day, seven days per week making it impossible to use if you are in a wheelchair, dropped kerb or no dropped kerb.

Last edited:
I was merely pointing out to the thicko poster that the 600,000 new cars registered bore no correlation to the number of driving license holders
Of course they do, who is driving them?

There isn’t a big car park with 600k new cars sitting idle.

So you think blue badge holders shouldn't park for free because you don't qualify for one ? also a Blue badge isn't awarded based on what condition you have it's how it affects you, though as you know everything you already know that....

No mention of how many cars are scrapped, crashed, stolen and sent to a different country either.
It a net increase of cars on the road, +600k since 2014

Last edited:
Of course they do, who is driving them?

There isn’t a big car park with 600k new cars sitting idle.

It a net increase of cars on the road, +600k since 2014
45.5 million active driving licenses in the UK and 37.3 million registered vehicles. So I got it the wrong way round but still no correlation to the tune of 8 million

Back