What clothing have you bought?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bought a jacket in the debenhams sale when I was in Newcastle a few weeks ago, had a winter coat on and was sweating my tits off when the weather changed.

Oh........I never said the bowler was widely worn but in a couple of sentences described its use over almost 170 years. I think of it as a woman's hat now and yes I have seen it worn at parties by women, my wife has one. The fedora on the other hand has moved from initially being designed for a woman to being a man's hat along with its derivitive the trilby.

How's this for dapper

Logon or register to see this image

More your style perhaps?

Now speaking of scarves.....
That is me!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Is it from the ragtag shop?

Ragparade.... no mate it was off ebay. Still trying to drop on the Berghaus "Chris Bonnington " or the RAF ground crew Ventile cold weather Parka. BTW If your on the look out for owt special or rare let me know and if i see it during my searches on line and elsewhere i will give you a shout or link etc

2 x huf thrasher caps
1 x adidas courtside 5 panel cap
1 x adidas courtside jersey
1 x adidas Berlin windbreaker
1 x adidas Berlin sweatshirt black
1 x adidas Berlin sweatshirt maroon
1 x Tobias and bear little one jumper
1 x my lacy rose flats

A Deus jacket,
Nudie jeans,
Bathing Ape T-shirt,
Pair of black Converese.

That is me!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Back in the sixties after my more hippie phase, when I decided to smarten myself up a bit, black leather bomber jacket and denim jeans was as smart as it got.;)

I guess I hung around with more bikers than mods but some of the mod gear was good. As was New Wave later on.

Some of my biker mates had been mods earlier in the sixties so they tended to dress a bit dapper at times.

Bands like the Who helped shape that mod to biker transition.

I suppose Punk to New Wave was similar but the other way round.

Yet early Punk had a hippie influence, a couldn't give a fuck attitude, with ripped jeans and some hair statement.

Bands like Pink Fairies helped shape that hippies with attitude to Punk transition.

Fashion seems to go in cycles but I suppose style always remains.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back