What camera should i buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
the the dmc-g3 is available uder 300 notes now and always got excellent write-ups

The wife has a G3, cracking camera. Not quite as pocketable as the GF/GX series, due to electronic viewfinder, but 16MP and still only 2/3 size of a DSLR. I paid 450 notes for hers 5 months ago, fuck you Panasonic. :evil:

The wife has a G3, cracking camera. Not quite as pocketable as the GF/GX series, due to electronic viewfinder, but 16MP and still only 2/3 size of a DSLR. I paid 450 notes for hers 5 months ago, fuck you Panasonic. :evil:

I am trying to persuade my missus I need one..they seem a steal at 299.99

Just got a Nikon D3100 for me birthday. Looking forward to getting the chance to take some winter photos down the beach. Instruction manual isn't up to much like.

How are you finding the camera?

It is awesome. I have been using it primarily for pictures of the dogs so haven't done any artsy photos. It has helped me learn what the different terminology means. I am glad I went for this one over the canon 1100D as it is a better spec for the same money and the D3200 or D5100 are more for features I probably wouldn't use or even notice were there.

It is awesome. I have been using it primarily for pictures of the dogs so haven't done any artsy photos. It has helped me learn what the different terminology means. I am glad I went for this one over the canon 1100D as it is a better spec for the same money and the D3200 or D5100 are more for features I probably wouldn't use or even notice were there.

I've only had mine a day and I took some pictures of one of my cats ans the quality difference between this and my digital camera is staggering.

I've only had mine a day and I took some pictures of one of my cats ans the quality difference between this and my digital camera is staggering.

It's a hell of a jump isn't it? Next thing you'll be wanting more lenses, a tripod, remote control, filters, off camera flash (2).....

Welcome to the photography board.

It's a hell of a jump isn't it? Next thing you'll be wanting more lenses, a tripod, remote control, filters, off camera flash (2).....

Welcome to the photography board.

Absolutely massive jump. And I can see myself wanting all the other stuff that goes with it. Going to check the tide times and might get myself down the beach when I'm feeling a bit better.

it seems like the same situation as the homebrew thread wilfy. Buy a kit, get interested by how good it is, then spend a fortune buying more stuff!

Gerrin. I'm in!

Had some decent advice since I posted this going to have a good look around later this week.

Is it worth waiting to sales ?

Im not so sure to be honest. Camera bodies/camera packages possibly. Lenses?? Doubtful. See a sale in Jessops, you could probably have picked it up the same price elsewhere.
My new year want list goes as follows
50mm prime (1.4 or 1.8... Id have the 1.2 if I could get it cheap enough)
A toss up between a 7d and a second hand Mark II 5D (full frame)
Im not sure about the new 6D unless someone would care to comment

My WLD (would love to have) list goes as follows
100mm f2.8 IS USM Macro
24-70mm f2.8L USM (I understand there is an IS version of this lens possibly coming in a 6D bundle)
Sigma 300mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM and a sigma x2 extender (or something similar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back