What are your favourite travelogue documentaries/programmes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my favourite for turning documentation into a work of art. The footage and music are tremendous and compliment each other perfectly, and to top it off, quotes of Jack Kerouac are used in it. It used to be on Channel 4 back in the 80's.

Six 25 minute long masterpieces!!

Road Dreams.

"In 1968 Elliott Bristow went to New York for a two week holiday. In 1980, after twelve years and 500,000 miles on the road in America he returned to England with three trunks containing 75 hours of silent Super 8 film - his diary of this 'holiday'!"

Only Travelodge films I've seen have been on that mucky version of youtube

Anything by Anthony Bourdain. I know he is a prick but I still enjoy his shows.

This is my favourite for turning documentation into a work of art. The footage and music are tremendous and compliment each other perfectly, and to top it off, quotes of Jack Kerouac are used in it. It used to be on Channel 4 back in the 80's.

Six 25 minute long masterpieces!!

Road Dreams.

"In 1968 Elliott Bristow went to New York for a two week holiday. In 1980, after twelve years and 500,000 miles on the road in America he returned to England with three trunks containing 75 hours of silent Super 8 film - his diary of this 'holiday'!"

That should be shite, but I like it.

I like travel man : 48 hrs in...

If that counts. I also like reading dom joly travel articles and his dark tourist book.

People into that sort of thing should read 'Within Whicker's World'

He was a bit of a TV icon in the seventies but he was a captain in the army film unit filming battles in WW2 then became one of the 'fools on the hill' - the early TV pioneers who were laughed at by the radio people at the BBC as they thought telly would never catch on. His shows were interesting and his book, being a bit of a behind the scenes look is a great read. Had a good life I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back