What are you like at complaining regarding goods and services?

I have found a lot of companies are currently blaming "Covid" for really shitty service.

This x a million.

It’s like the virus has spread into systems and all their technology and the people who worked in an office are unable to do their job or tell the truth because they’re say in a different chair.

I am skilled , today I have complained that 4 slices of ham in a local shop cost me the grand sum of £7.06 - offered a refund but was about the principle really , I can cope being overcharged but an oldie might not be able to absorb that - told them to put it in a charity box

My best one was I bought a huge Dutch oven second hand that developed a flaw in the enamel so Le Creuset sent me a completely new one
fnar fnar. Do you know what a Dutch oven is?

I am skilled , today I have complained that 4 slices of ham in a local shop cost me the grand sum of £7.06 - offered a refund but was about the principle really , I can cope being overcharged but an oldie might not be able to absorb that - told them to put it in a charity box

My best one was I bought a huge Dutch oven second hand that developed a flaw in the enamel so Le Creuset sent me a completely new one
You're full of hot air
I am shite at it, the wife is very good and doesnt let go.
I would love to complain to michael O'Leary of lying air about anything to get him really riled
I never will fly lying air so little chance

Last edited:
To be fair, I will only complain if there is a genuine issue
I am the same. However on the news woman justified in complaining about contents of free food parcel. Politicians also disgusted. The major flaw I cannot understand is the living room and state of the art kitchen where she was reporting from means materialistic things don't count if that's her house where the food parcel was delivered. The 10.00pm bbc news should give me a better understanding unless she was a reporter and not the mother of the children.

Pretty good tbf. Know how to word emails / letters and what to say to speed up the process etc.

Bloody annoying when the company drags their heels though, for example those who use the full 8 weeks of their complaints time frame before replying.

Well that news item about the free food parcel was indeed well below acceptable. The contents however would well and truly be lost in that fridge/drinks chiller. If she lived in a damp one bedroom flat I would sympathize, but if you need a free food parcel living in that property then she has got her priorities completely wrong. How she could go on national TV and give the impression she's struggling to make ends meet from her living room is beyond me, poor soul.

A lot better as I've got older. Best tip if you are calling a call-centre, NEVER lose your rag with the person you are dealing with, use their name as often as possible and make sure you let them know that your gripe is not with them personally.

Back