What are you doing with your extra time in the house?

Bit of a shame, but the last two weeks of not being in at work have been busier and more demanding than any two weeks of ever being in work, so extra time evenings and weekends has been largely spent being knackered. I had plans too.

Trying to vary it throughout the day, usually go for a walk first thing in the morning while it is quiet, while listening to an audiobook while I am walking. When I get home I meditate and do energy mindful body energy exercises. I also started writing a book, something I have been wanting to do for years but then last week took the bull by the horns and started, at the moment usually spend approximately an hour or so each day on that. Afternoon usually involves a couple of hours on my PS4 and then evening cuddled up with the wife watching Netflix/Amazon Prime.

Killing off a Sunderland fan in the first chapter feels a bit messed up to me like..... talk about dark mental thoughts!:eek:

By the time the kids get to bed and I've had a shower and an argument with the wife about some trivial shit I have literally zero time to myself save for the half hour I get from 0530-0600 for my walk.

Listening to music / Enjoying 6 music
Working from home
Home schooling 2 kids.
cooking from scratch.
subscribed to Disney+ so marvel / Star Wars

Teaching myself to play the bass finally after years of wanting to do it. From a practical point of view, getting desks, cupboards and an attic decluttered (sort of), those jobs that get put off every time. I have a couple of flat pack things too which I hate, might even look at those. I am working from home too so evenings and weekends are those times for me to do all of the other stuff.

The new Phil Lynott.
A couple of blasts of Renegade......nice one mate.

By the time the kids get to bed and I've had a shower and an argument with the wife about some trivial shit I have literally zero time to myself save for the half hour I get from 0530-0600 for my walk.

I know you work in London, but not sure where you live. But do you have to get up that early to make sure its quiet? I said to worr lass, when we saw the pictures of the parks, that I would just be up at 4/5am! I know you are/were at an IB...can you work from home?

I’m living alone, quite enjoyed it but just starting to struggle

it’s lack of company but also the idea I’m not being productive enough I guess,thinking should work on CV or learn new skill, but lacking motivation a bit

Been reading lots, computer games, baking!

anything I’m missing out on?!?

Stay strong mate the best you can.
Everyone has different interests, skills and outlooks. No right or wrongs with this just need to get through it.
Do you walk? Definitely would make you feel better. Even without a dog you can still walk, even better if you can find a remote place.
I am no DIY expert but I have made a couple of Owl nesting boxes and other types. Put one in the neighbours tree yesterday.
I am lucky I have an interest in wild birds as walking i look out for different spices and the songs. Plenty of open spaces around these parts.
I also enjoy gardening and always plenty to do.
Still working from home during the week and always look forward to putting the laptop away. Never play computer games, just like the out door life.

Never pull back on phoning a mate up when you have a wobble though.
Plenty of people are struggling and people’s behaviours are changing during this and rightly so, Nothing missing mate just keep going the best you can.

Stay strong mate the best you can.
Everyone has different interests, skills and outlooks. No right or wrongs with this just need to get through it.
Do you walk? Definitely would make you feel better. Even without a dog you can still walk, even better if you can find a remote place.
I am no DIY expert but I have made a couple of Owl nesting boxes and other types. Put one in the neighbours tree yesterday.
I am lucky I have an interest in wild birds as walking i look out for different spices and the songs. Plenty of open spaces around these parts.
I also enjoy gardening and always plenty to do.
Still working from home during the week and always look forward to putting the laptop away. Never play computer games, just like the out door life.

Never pull back on phoning a mate up when you have a wobble though.
Plenty of people are struggling and people’s behaviours are changing during this and rightly so, Nothing missing mate just keep going the best you can.
Excellent post mate!!

Honestly, I’m exhausted looking after the kids and trying to squeeze a job in as well. All personal hobbies or fun has pretty much evaporated.

I did start painting by numbers just to focus the kind and try to stop stress a while ago but I’m usually too knackered on an evening to do it. I know some child free friends have a bit more time and have cleaned their houses and started to learn a new skill. I’m jealous.

Please don't be jealous mate.. you got the best deal believe me.

I know you work in London, but not sure where you live. But do you have to get up that early to make sure its quiet? I said to worr lass, when we saw the pictures of the parks, that I would just be up at 4/5am! I know you are/were at an IB...can you work from home?
I'm between Greenwich and blackheath so plenty of space. I'm all set up at home but need to be logged in for 0630 so am usually up then anyway. Walk, coffee, shower and it's start time.

Spending about 45 mins a day learning classical guitar.
Reading a lot to the bairn
Have a canny size garden with a football goal in it and have been doing lots of training/drills/skills learning from youtube.
Doing 6 rounds every 3 days on punch bag.
According to fitbit I'm doing around 20-22k steps a day - double my pre lockdown average.

Trying to get into "Belgravia".

Missed out on "Downton Abbey". Don't want to miss out on this.

Ironically both "The Englsh Game" and "Belgravia" are written by Julian Fellows who also did "Downton Abbey".

Back