What are the rules on website links?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonkeyScabs

Winger
Hi,

I've recently had a post deleted on a thread in SMF where someone asked for the cheapest Blackberry mobile phone. I posted a URL of my business website and a price featured on it. The website address posted here wasn't an affiliate link, but it was deleted, along with the post. I appreciate that unsolicited advertising is prohibited here, but I don't think I did anything wrong.

As you say "You further agree not to advertise any products or websites or to post any affiliate referral links on these forums without written permission from Ready To Go."

And it looked like an affiliate link hence the deletion........

So was it deleted because you thought it was an affiliate link? With respect, there was no affiliate link in the url I posted. The reply was to a specific request for the 'cheapest blackbery' by another member. I told him where to get it, and the price. What was wrong with that?

So was it deleted because you thought it was an affiliate link? With respect, there was no affiliate link in the url I posted. The reply was to a specific request for the 'cheapest blackbery' by another member. I told him where to get it, and the price. What was wrong with that?

As I said previously..

"And it looked like an affiliate link hence the deletion........"

We aint here 24/7 and we cant go back and scrutinise every single thing thats done on here as we do have a living to earn............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back