What are some of your favourite easy listening songs?

My own...yeah I'm conceited, deal with it :D

My favourte ending, like a guitar version of an after eight mint to off top a great meal.
They got hate mail from their 'hardcore' fans for putting the electric guitar bits in.
Personally, I think it's a masterpiece of a song from start to finish, and the electric guitar solo at the end is amazing.

They got hate mail from their 'hardcore' fans for putting the electric guitar bits in.
Personally, I think it's a masterpiece of a song from start to finish, and the electric guitar solo at the end is amazing.
Richard Carpenter arranged all the harmonies, and on this song they are almost angelic layered on top of the guitar. I write from the heart, nothing is contrived, and that's all well and good if it's not a commercial project, but when it is, you have to go against your finer feelings, and balance the track using well known and trusted formats. Being precious with a song stops it being heard by a bigger audience, and the whole point of writing songs is to love others in a unique way. The performer / audence relationship is the nearest you can come to having sex without actually touching anyone...sexually, it is second only to procreation.

I really don't have any fear of my own emotions, so sorry if a bit deep :D

Last edited:
Richard Carpenter arranged all the harmonies, and on this song they are almost angelic layered on top of the guitar. I write from the heart, nothing is contrived, and that's all well and good if it's not a commercial project, but when it is, you have to go against your finer feelings, and balance the track using well known and trusted formats. Being precious with a song stops it being heard by a bigger audience, and the whole point of writing songs is to love others in a unique way. The performer / audence relationship is the nearest you can come to having sex without actually touching anyone...sexually, it is second only to procreation.

I really don't have any fear of my own emotions, so sorry if a bit deep :D
I loved reading that, mate!
I'd be dead by now if not for music...

Back