What a woman

not sure marra ill check back later there's still a lot of celebrating to do after tonights win.

When is this country going to get itself sorted and allow this to happen for our own people?

We treat our pets with more dignity than our fellow humans. When we had to have our dog put to sleep, I told my son that this was how I wanted to go and that if I ever started behaving like his grandma, that his first task was to go out and score me a massive dose of heroin as I've never tried it but it's clearly great.

When is this country going to get itself sorted and allow this to happen for our own people?

My Dad died of Prostate Cancer last month..what me and my family had to witness for the last three weeks of my Dads life was the stuff of nightmares..he should have been allowed to pass away.

My Dad died of Prostate Cancer last month..what me and my family had to witness for the last three weeks of my Dads life was the stuff of nightmares..he should have been allowed to pass away.
Same with my dad a few years ago with throat ca. I’ve seen good deaths and really bad ones and the bad ones stay with you forever.
We only die once and that once should be a good as possible

Same with my dad a few years ago with throat ca. I’ve seen good deaths and really bad ones and the bad ones stay with you forever.
We only die once and that once should be a good as possible

Same with my Great-Nana. She was 93 and she was never going to recover from the cancer she had. She really suffered and had no quality of life for a few months before she passed.

Its not likely to be anytime soon. As long as this country allows the church to have a say in our government and Parliament, they will knock it into the long grass.

Sorry for you loss mate....my mams partner passed away a few years back through Alzheimer’s, if ever there was a disease where euthanasia should be applied it’s this one, watching someone slowly lose their whole identity over a period of years is soul destroying

Sorry for you loss mate....my mams partner passed away a few years back through Alzheimer’s, if ever there was a disease where euthanasia should be applied it’s this one, watching someone slowly lose their whole identity over a period of years is soul destroying

Thank you mate..my Dad also had Alzheimers and my Mam is in the early stages of it..i understand what a delicate subject euthanasia is but in cases where people are in pain and suffering to me there's no debate as to why it shouldn't be allowed.

Thank you mate..my Dad also had Alzheimers and my Mam is in the early stages of it..i understand what a delicate subject euthanasia is but in cases where people are in pain and suffering to me there's no debate as to why it shouldn't be allowed.
Ah shit, sorry to hear that about your mam, it really is a cruel disease. My mams partner had said that he just wanted to be shot at the early stages because he knew what was coming, a couple of times he’d gone awol, was found heading towards Knowsley viaduct, he wanted to end things himself. Absolutely heartbreaking. The one lovely thing about it was my mam made a promise to him that she’d never put him in a home like he wanted, even when he wasn’t really there anymore and it so hard to care for him my mam kept her promise, nursed him right until the end at home.

Ah shit, sorry to hear that about your mam, it really is a cruel disease. My mams partner had said that he just wanted to be shot at the early stages because he knew what was coming, a couple of times he’d gone awol, was found heading towards Knowsley viaduct, he wanted to end things himself. Absolutely heartbreaking. The one lovely thing about it was my mam made a promise to him that she’d never put him in a home like he wanted, even when he wasn’t really there anymore and it so hard to care for him my mam kept her promise, nursed him right until the end at home.

Ta mate..I take a bit comfort in that my Mam has just gone 84 and my Dad was 82 but still it's a truly awful thing to witness..that's amazing what your Mam did there like.

Especially when those people make an informed choice.
A very good friends sister had the help of her GP in Holland a few years ago when in the end stages of a cancer.
She took her medicine on a Sunday when the family had all been round for lunch. They had a bit of a “party” everyone said their goodbyes and she checked out. Apparently it was very nice ( her words not mine)
Nothing left unsaid, no more suffering, no more horrible memories than needed.

Especially when those people make an informed choice.
A very good friends sister had the help of her GP in Holland a few years ago when in the end stages of a cancer.
She took her medicine on a Sunday when the family had all been round for lunch. They had a bit of a “party” everyone said their goodbyes and she checked out. Apparently it was very nice ( her words not mine)
Nothing left unsaid, no more suffering, no more horrible memories than needed.
That sounds, erm, great, if that’s the right word!

Anyone reckon they could do it, make the decision to go at a time you choose?

I agree in principle that people should be allowed to decide in a dignified way when to go. My family suffers from Huntingtons and there is no way I would sleepwalk into that. The main problem I have with it been legal, would be how do you know its the persons choice? especially if said individual has money. they may have been emotionally or physically bullied by a manipulative family member, convinced by someone that they are worthless or better of gone. Not an easy decision to legalise it for that reason I think.

That sounds, erm, great, if that’s the right word!

Anyone reckon they could do it, make the decision to go at a time you choose?
I don’t know. I did have a thought a few years ago whilst waiting for back surgery though . The pain was mega and I said to the wife, if this is the pain I’m going to be in for the rest of my time then I can see why people would achieve suicide. I seriously think I could have at that time as it was so bad. I wasn’t low in mood, it was just knacking
I agree in principle that people should be allowed to decide in a dignified way when to go. My family suffers from Huntingtons and there is no way I would sleepwalk into that. The main problem I have with it been legal, would be how do you know its the persons choice? especially if said individual has money. they may have been emotionally or physically bullied by a manipulative family member, convinced by someone that they are worthless or better of gone. Not an easy decision to legalise it for that reason I think.

Have a read of the article. The lass made the decision sometime ago. Plenty of time to change her mind, talk to people close to her and the person writing the script.
It’s structured and not a knee jerk thing as “auntie Peggy has had a stroke, let’s put her lights out”
( why does Peggy get changed to Pegging?)

Last edited:
On a related topic; anyone with elderly parents please start thinking about care as they age sooner rather than later. My ma and her bloke both have alzheimer's and despite their constant 'we are fine' drivel he has now been sectioned for his own good and she doesn't know whats going on. Has called the cops in the middle of the night as he has gone missing ffs. We saw this coming years ago but were too soft with them.

Back