What a mess

Speaking of mess, I missed O'Nien's goal because a bunch of seagulls had suddenly gathered around the SE Corner roof. Looked up as I thought we were going to get shat on :lol:

Those in charge have got pretty much every key decision wrong for last year or so. This is what you get. Moving backward at the rate of knots. And some people on here still think we are in a better position than the other clubs in the league. We’re just shit, tin pot, small mentality trying to talk up a good game whilst relying on a couple of good players to see us through.

If you look at all of our summer and January signings too, none instantly improved the team nor are they having any positive effect at the moment. Maybe Bellingham but my personal opinion is he has more bad games than good.
Been absolutely ran into the ground - he’s 18 and hasn’t been looked after

Ekwah is stealing a living this season, he’s been totally sussed out by other teams. Possibly the most one footed player in the entire championship, in addition heartless

I don't believe the squad we have can't make the playoffs based on ability, but yet again today we looked pre-season. Regardless of the coach, it's odd to see how far and how quickly we've unravelled as a group of players.

What a mess.

I think this all started in Preseason when we decided to become a possession based team, moving away from Neils high pressing game.
We did this because although we pressed well, we struggled to break teams down that sat deep. It was decided by having all of the possession and slowing the game down we'd be able to break those teams sitting deep down.
Now teams have worked that out pretty sharply and most are now just pressing us knowing we'll wilt easily.
We've lost all of our intensity and have become far too passive.
What's also baffling is that for a possession team the team is set up for running with the ball. Clarke, Ba, Roberts, Neil, Ekwah, Jobe, all want to run with the ball none of them part from maybe Neil you could say are known for their passing prowess.

Now that teams can make 5 subs it makes no sense to think of subs and that the whole thing should be a squad game and that you have starters and finishers. Get that front 5 running teams into the ground then sub them all when their legs have gone.
Nearly every team in this league is crap, and nearly all of them want to play out from the back, and the players aren't good enough to do it without making mistakes.

All teams can set themselves up to defend and are at their weakest when they make a mistake at the back and aren't set yet.
We need to get that work rate back, get playing 5 a side on the training ground at 100 miles an hour and get that speed back into the game, if you are going to play a team of midfielders then get them passing and moving with 1 touch football, all of this is basic.

Back