What a f* cking leech

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's two distinct discussions here. How much you would give away is one thing. How pissed off you'd be if someone squandered 1.6mill is something completely different.

If you'd given twenty mill and that had been pissed up there wall, then would you continue to give more? The threshold for how much has no bearing on someone taking the piss out of your gesture.
If you give money away it's no longer your concern what happens to it. However if the person has pissed it up the wall and expects more that wouldn't be forthcoming from me.

If you give money away it's no longer your concern what happens to it. However if the person has pissed it up the wall and expects more that wouldn't be forthcoming from me.

which is exactly what he did.

chances are he would have been looked after nicely but seeing a million squandered in no time would iss me off too if I'd given it to someone to set them up.

he got a 500k house paid off out of it and he could have given himself 50k a year for 10 years and lived a decent life.

Your business or not, you are going to have an opinion. Having financially set your son up for life, he takes you to court for not providing continued financial support? Obscene.

And by the same token gesture, it is of no concern to the son how much they gave away to others.

which is exactly what he did.

chances are he would have been looked after nicely but seeing a million squandered in no time would iss me off too if I'd given it to someone to set them up.

he got a 500k house paid off out of it and he could have given himself 50k a year for 10 years and lived a decent life.
I said I didn't think the son should have been allowed to sue because it is indeed the fathers right to give what he wants. I just said personally I'd have given a lot more.

I honestly don't understand the mentality of some on this thread. If I won £100m my son would get probably £20m, my sister 10m each and my parents a no limit credit card. Cousins etc would cop for at least £1m each and I'm not even close to them. I couldn't imagine winning that kind of money and being tight with it. Oh heck I've given 50m away and I'm down to my last 50m best go to Lidl for the shopping this week.
you haven't mentioned any charities there mate. calling everyone tight, yet not once did you mention donating to any charities. look after my own and fuck everyone else mentality no???? surely if you had 100m you would look to help those less fortunate?

you haven't mentioned any charities there mate. calling everyone tight, yet not once did you mention donating to any charities. look after my own and fuck everyone else mentality no???? surely if you had 100m you would look to help those less fortunate?
Aww didums did you get offended?

^^^ These lads obviously know more about the bloke's son than he does.
The only thing I've ever said about that blokes Son is that he shouldn't have been allowed to sue. But in true smb style let's not let the truth interfere with any posts.

I said I didn't think the son should have been allowed to sue because it is indeed the fathers right to give what he wants. I just said personally I'd have given a lot more.

who is to say he wouldn't over time. sometimes its best to be cautious. Just set up a direct debit to bung a grand a week into an account

I honestly don't understand the mentality of some on this thread. If I won £100m my son would get probably £20m, my sister 10m each and my parents a no limit credit card. Cousins etc would cop for at least £1m each and I'm not even close to them. I couldn't imagine winning that kind of money and being tight with it. Oh heck I've given 50m away and I'm down to my last 50m best go to Lidl for the shopping this week.
It's not about that though. I think the father was more than generous. It is the profligate nature of his son. Throwing more money at a fool is not generous and it does the fool no good.
I know you don't think taking your family to court over money that isn't yours is f***ing bang out of order too...

The only thing I've ever said about that blokes Son is that he shouldn't have been allowed to sue. But in true smb style let's not let the truth interfere with any posts.

You said you'd give a lot more and have been criticising the bloke. You know sweet FA about the bloke and his son.

nah not at all. just think it's rich for you to be calling people tight yet all you actually thought about was giving your own family more. obviously the case seen as though you couldn't come back with a decent justification. surely rather than keeping it entirely in your family you would look to those more in need no?

Why would you give money to people you aren't close to? Why not give it to charity?
This post smacks of someone who doesn't put the lottery on but knows his family does.;)

In context to the size of his own pot of cash the da has given his son about 1.5%.

The son has then gone and spent it, no doubt thinking there's plenty more where that came from.

I can't understand the concept of falling out over it to such an extent it would go to court.

If I was the da in this case I wouldn't cut off my son though. He can't be trusted with a lump sum, so set up a trust that'll pay X amount for however many years and tell him there's no more so it's up to him what he does with it. Discounting any investment or interest a million would give you £30k a year for over 30 years. You're not going to be buying yachts with that kind of cash but it's a decent enough amount to get by on if he did want to do fuck all all day.

Maybe the son is a complete prick and the da wants nothing to do with him. I can't get my head around that though. Sat on so much money with an opportunity to look after his kids and grandkids for life and he's said no.

In context to the size of his own pot of cash the da has given his son about 1.5%.

The son has then gone and spent it, no doubt thinking there's plenty more where that came from.

I can't understand the concept of falling out over it to such an extent it would go to court.

If I was the da in this case I wouldn't cut off my son though. He can't be trusted with a lump sum, so set up a trust that'll pay X amount for however many years and tell him there's no more so it's up to him what he does with it. Discounting any investment or interest a million would give you £30k a year for over 30 years. You're not going to be buying yachts with that kind of cash but it's a decent enough amount to get by on if he did want to do fuck all all day.

Maybe the son is a complete prick and the da wants nothing to do with him. I can't get my head around that though. Sat on so much money with an opportunity to look after his kids and grandkids for life and he's said no.

It might be a case of the dad was sick of demands and thought sod off.

Perhaps he's said he should earn it? I wouldn't just hoy money at my kids to go on like his son did.

It's not about that though. I think the father was more than generous. It is the profligate nature of his son. Throwing more money at a fool is not generous and it does the fool no good.
I know you don't think taking your family to court over money that isn't yours is f***ing bang out of order too...
What a bizarre post. 1.6% of a massive fortune is not generous, I clearly said that if I'd given money and it was pissed up the wall I wouldn't give anymore and I clearly said he shouldn't have been allowed to sue as it is up to the father how much he gives. That apart your post's bang on the money.

My kids have been brought up well enough to expect nowt and value what you do get. Anything else is a bonus. I'd hope they'd keep those values for life tbh.

My kids have been brought up well enough to expect nowt and value what you do get. Anything else is a bonus. I'd hope they'd keep those values for life tbh.
I agree with that in principle but winning £100m is a bit of a game changer. I'd like my son (and the rest of my family) to live a life of luxury. To be able to have things and do things that previously just weren't possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back