What’s your signature dish?

* 3 whole sweet fresh dried chilies guajillo stems and seeds removed
* 2 small hot dried chilies like Arbol or Cascabel, stems and seeds removed
* 1 each whole rich fruity dried chilies like Ancho, Mulatto, and Pasilla, stems and seeds removed
* 2 whole Chipotle chilies canned in adobo sauce, plus 2 tablespoons sauce, stems and seeds removed
* Bin
* 1.3 litres low sodium canned or homemade chicken broth
* 500g pork mince, 800g beef mince
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
* A 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 large onion, finely diced
* 4 medium cloves garlic, grated on a microplane grater
* 1/2 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
* 2 teaspoons dried oregano
* 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
* 2 to 3 tablespoons masa
* 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
* Hot sauce, to taste

That’s the ingredients for the recipe I use. Normally use stewing beef instead of mince like.
If only I’d known I could have been asking to borrow gaujillo stems and ancho chillis all this time 😂

What were you expecting on a north east football team message board, calf's head consommé, braised root vegetables and truffles?
I wasn't. I don't think anyone has a signature dish unless you're a chef. I'm the same. My favourite home cook is slow cooked beef shin with chilli and ginger. Not selling that at a Michelin star resto

Fish tacos with pineapple salsa
Aubergine makhani with sticky sushi rice (with bhajis and raita if I can be arsed)
Fry pan Neapolitan pizza

Easy as fuck, tastes canny. I don't make anything fancy these days, simply can't be arsed.

I wasn't. I don't think anyone has a signature dish unless you're a chef. I'm the same. My favourite home cook is slow cooked beef shin with chilli and ginger. Not selling that at a Michelin star resto

There’s definitely things that I do where my lass will specifically ask if we can have it that week.

Linguine Puttanesca and a Chorizo and Butterbean stew are two of the things she usually suggests I do. Not sure I’d say they’re ‘signature dishes’.

Was making my own ravioli and tortellini a few months back as well but it’s a bit too much of a faff on.

There’s definitely things that I do where my lass will specifically ask if we can have it that week.

Linguine Puttanesca and a Chorizo and Butterbean stew are two of the things she usually suggests I do. Not sure I’d say they’re ‘signature dishes’.

Was making my own ravioli and tortellini a few months back as well but it’s a bit too much of a faff on.

Did the same. Such a fuck on, and by the time we were ready to eat it was 11pm and we we both mortal. The clean up the next day was horrendous.

Back