What’s the worst place you’ve ever been to?

I once stopped for fuel in a tiny petrol station in middle of nowhere Louisiana, on the way to New Orleans.

I was certain I could hear duelling banjos playing nearby. That would be up there for me.

I once stopped for fuel in a tiny petrol station in middle of nowhere Louisiana, on the way to New Orleans.

I was certain I could hear duelling banjos playing nearby. That would be up there for me.

Echo that. As stated earlier, drove down from Washington DC to New Orleans. Stopped off in a coastal town on the Mississippi/Louisiana border. There was some sort of parade going on. People were just staring at us like we were another species. It’s not like we were up in the hills, we were on the coast where you would have thought it would be a little less “inward”.

That same trip we stopped off in Montgomery, Alabama. Very much a town full of fuck all. In the centre of town was Martin Luther King’s old church and 20 yards away was the state capitol building (I think), or certainly city hall or some such place - proudly sporting the Confederate flag.

Echo that. As stated earlier, drove down from Washington DC to New Orleans. Stopped off in a coastal town on the Mississippi/Louisiana border. There was some sort of parade going on. People were just staring at us like we were another species. It’s not like we were up in the hills, we were on the coast where you would have thought it would be a little less “inward”.

That same trip we stopped off in Montgomery, Alabama. Very much a town full of fuck all. In the centre of town was Martin Luther King’s old church and 20 yards away was the state capitol building (I think), or certainly city hall or some such place - proudly sporting the Confederate flag.

Loved New Orleans, but Louisiana in general was a weird place.

It is. I went there. There was nothing to do.
Was so desperate to fill the hours until the next Greyhound to New Orleans that I even went to "World of Coca Cola" FFS
(this was 19 years ago like)
I've got friends live there. Understand what you're saying if you got dumped in the centre on a short stopover but it does have loads of museums, etc. and a great music scene. As you would expect in a city of over 5m there is loads to do once you look a bit deeper. Its bastard hot, like.

How many Egyptians have you met? I worked with some and they were fine.

In the Arab world they tell jokes about Egyptians in the same way that we tell Irish jokes.
my boss ( Omani ) told me this one... When Moses parted the Red Sea the Egyptians pleaded with him not to go or return as soon as possible. Moses agreed but told them not to change a thing util he got back

I've got friends live there. Understand what you're saying if you got dumped in the centre on a short stopover but it does have loads of museums, etc. and a great music scene. As you would expect in a city of over 5m there is loads to do once you look a bit deeper. Its bastard hot, like.
Yeah, fair point. I travelled all around the States that summer at Atlanta was far and away the worst place we visited. We were supposed to stay there 2 or 3 days, but in the end decided to leave the same day and extend our stay in New Orleans.....which was the best decision I ever made

my boss ( Omani ) told me this one... When Moses parted the Red Sea the Egyptians pleaded with him not to go or return as soon as possible. Moses agreed but told them not to change a thing util he got back
I don’t get it!? I was told one about an Egyptian being too poor to own a car or something, I really didn’t have a clue why Kuwaitis found it funny.

Back