What’s the rules on finding cash?

No way would I hand any cash in. The dream is to find a couple of hundred grand in a holdall in the woods whilst out cycling.
Shove it under the mattress and launder it by spending it in pubs in lieu of real cash.

Once found a wallet belonging to an asylum seeker with a load of cash in it. Trousered the lot - well, it’s our taxpayers money anyway.

1. That's not what money laundering is.
2. How do you know he was an asylum seeker?

if you spend a dead mans money you will be cursed and suffer awful luck afterwards...
Spend it man...as you say might not have been his.
Are the notes not out of date?

He moved out his house 2 months ago and had 2k stashed in an envelope for the upcoming solicitors fees. Daft get left it in the drawer when he moved out, went to the house last week but the new occupants are saying nowt was there. Obviously my grandad can't prove it either way but his solicitor is wanting paid and he's in a bit of a panic. Is there any legal eagles on here who can offer any help ?

He moved out his house 2 months ago and had 2k stashed in an envelope for the upcoming solicitors fees. Daft got left it in the drawer when he moved out, went to the house last week but the new occupants are saying nowt was there. Obviously my grandad can't prove it either way but his solicitor is wanting paid and he's in a bit of a panic. Is there any legal eagles on here who can offer any help ?
:lol::lol:

The money belongs to him or his estate once he's died, not the finder even if it is in your house.

...but ....

How do you know it belonged to him, maybe it belonged to the previous owner to him, maybe it belonged to a lodger he had or a visitor.

I'd just pocket the cash and deny all knowledge.

Don't bank it though, don't create a paper trail.

He moved out his house 2 months ago and had 2k stashed in an envelope for the upcoming solicitors fees. Daft get left it in the drawer when he moved out, went to the house last week but the new occupants are saying nowt was there. Obviously my grandad can't prove it either way but his solicitor is wanting paid and he's in a bit of a panic. Is there any legal eagles on here who can offer any help ?

I'm sure they'll be more than happy to take MORE of your money to tell you there's absolutely no way you can prove they took it or not.
This is one hell of an expensive lesson to learn I'm afraid.

Two grand sons should help.

nice joe. bit late, but not bad :lol: 4/10

Back