What’s the most money you’ve ever owed?

Currently owe 4 credit card companies about £15k. Its 0% & the money is stashed earning me about 2%
Pays for my season ticket.

I m from an era when debt was a dirty word. Apart from the mortgage if you hadn’t got it - you didn’t spend it.

I ve never ever borrowed a penny - my credit card is covered before I spend on it and paid off in full every month - it’s just convenient to use that’s all.

Cars , holidays, clothes , nights out - all covered before bought. Ok - it was a Ford Cortina. Ok it was Skegness. Ok it was mums old suite.

But guess what - we were happy and together and not the slightest hint of worry about paying things off.

£8799 on a 0% finance deal for a car. Could have paid it up front but the savings were making money so pointless losing money when the credit was effectively free. Scarily though I have more available credit on my credit card than I bought my house for.

3.5k on a motor a few year ago. just spent £90 on me card this week and feel guilty as owt, guess i was brought up by the older lot you spend what you`ve got and wait for what you want

Back