What’s the longest you’ve gone without a non-alcoholic drink?

I did the Sober For October The First thing these last two years. I actually stayed sober for half of October 2nd this year too. Was quite proud of myself.

Oh I misread the OP. I thought you said "without an alcoholic drink".
So did everyone else
Can no one on this forum read? :lol:

Dave do you not get hangovers? I would be absolutely buckled going that long without chopping a few pints of water.
Not at festivals cos you don’t get sober. Stop drinking about 4 or 5am, straight to sleep then, up at 10 with a pint of wine for breakfast. Repeat for 4 days.

Last edited:

So did everyone else

Not at festivals cos you don’t get sober. Stop drinking about 4 or 5am, straight to sleep then, up at 10 with a pint of wine for breakfast. Repeat for 4 days.
This is what I did. I’ve done it at home too. Out on the Friday night sleep woke up straight out.
Full of kenk though.

I did the Sober For October The First thing these last two years. I actually stayed sober for half of October 2nd this year too. Was quite proud of myself.
I did that once but failed half way through due to a wedding. So I just added the 32nd and 33rd of October on the end and all was well.

Nope. Its just that there seems to be lots of posters in here that seem to glorify drinking to excess. Why can’t people just enjoy themselves without that. It’s not that I’m against drinking - I’m really not - I’ve been as drunk as anyone else in my time. It’s just the older I got the more I figured out that I don’t need it to enjoy myself.

Look around any town and see the amount of drink and drug related violence. It’s not nice.

How many on here would accept a mitigation being put up in court of “my client accepts that he beat up the victim but he was on a bit of an all day sesh your honour and so therefore please be lenient in him” if it was a family member that had been put in hospital?

No longer get drunk as I'm a Jekyll and hyde drinker unfortunately- it's always there waiting to create mayhem

And if alcohol is a diuretic, so you piss more than you drink, how long is it possible to go without becoming dangerously dehydrated if you’re drinking beer that’s 95% water?

At Kendal Calling I didn’t have one for 4 days and didn’t notice anything untoward except that my morning piss was about a thimbleful.
In the Middle Ages all they’d drink is weak beer.

Dunno perhaps 24 hours. Probably longer where I've had a day session then woke up and had another one.
These days I'd always make sure I had a drink of water or tea at some point though.

In the Middle Ages all they’d drink is weak beer.
I was just thinking about this. Therefore you can survive on beer then and the dehydrated shit only applied to stronger drinks, yes?
You and you fckng wine breakfast man
😁👍😜
Mosy enjoyable way to get pissed fast. Maybe not before Wembley though.
Even at a festival you've got to have a water or tea on a morning, then start the booze again
Nope. I have in the past, I just didn’t feel the need this year. Maybe all the gear suppressed it.

Last edited:

Back