What’s the longest bender you’ve been on...

Excluding holidays?

Due to a mix of work events, a wedding last weekend and a night out that’s been planned for ages last night I’ve been drunk everyday day since last Saturday and today I am in the pits of post boozing anxiety and dreading work tomorrow. Am I going to die?
1994/5 when i split up with my first love we'd been living together for about 6 years, i must have had sober days cos i nearly married someone else but when the second one left in 1999 i sobered up, cleaned up and got a job. Been regretting it ever since. Mind u my definition of sobering up might be your definition of a bender

In 2009 my son and I went to the Amsterdam tournament to follow the lads. We left British West Hartlepool on the Thursday morning and drove to East Midlands airport where we left the car and the hotel details and address on the dashboard .
We got into departures and had a few beers with a journalist from the main Bolton rag who was covering their pre season in Germany but told us he’d rather stay with us in Amsterdam.
Anyway that’s when we started, we ordered brandies on the plane not knowing it was buy one get one free.
Got to Amsterdam and basically drank every hour we were awake until Monday afternoon.
We would t have lasted another day.

Through my twenties with the lads..Friday..out for 7, round the town..Finos or Annabelles….at least a dozen pints..Saturday few pints before the match..home..shower..shave..shite..back out for 7..same again town..usually Finos on a Saturday..mortal...about 16 pints through the sesh..Sunday..quiet night round the town or down the East End..8 pints...i'm shaking my head typing this because I couldn't do it if I tried now...was class at the time like.

Went out on a Saturday and came home Tuesday morning when I was younger. Stimulants were involved so this may exclude me from the contest?

Back