What’s ok on this board now?

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
Have To admit it never sat right with me the fuck off thing for new members. The board has changed and it would be nice to know whats the thinking behind it is? Be nice if the lad who’s running this said what’s excted so we can keep this going.

Last edited:

Have To admit it never sat right with me the fuck off thing for new members. The board has changed and it would be nice to know whats the thinking behind it is? Be nice if the lad who’s running this said what’s excted so we can keep this going.
It would be nice to know for the good of the board what we can and can’t say.
We can say "exeted" it seems to keep folk guessing;) Hopefully nee return of spug saying this is closed, that gig cancelled etc when canny local businesses reopen and try to rebuild their custom

@AB22 Easy Tiger is your man.
I’ve found the ones that get banned repeatedly often deserve it. The ones that don’t have a grasp on the rules/ acceptable boundaries.
In both situations, it’s not rocket science.
Typical Kev with his pretendy superior intellect.

You watched any of the B1M btw mate? I love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it’s pretty obvious what is acceptable.

A good guide I use is- would I stand in front of someone and say it to their face

Or

Would I be comfortable seeing a comment in the press with my name attributed to it.

Some people just want a wind up, I get that, but others seem to get banned regularly, so must appreciate where the limits are.

Last edited:
This sounds a bit like the covid crack ,where grown ups need telling what local means . Surely its a bit of common sense. If a newcomer appeared anywhere you would say alright, give them a bit rope and let them find their feet
Then if they start being dicks they're in the shark pool . Or Ditch the whole striker ,winger stuff
Wouldn't bother me

I think the true test of whether your post is fair would be if (like letters to the Echo), instead of a user name, your name & general location was at the top.
Eg John Smith, Roker, Sunderland & if u wouldn't be happy for that, then u probably shouldn't be posting it. Re the language, some funny posts contain swear words, sometimes nasty posts don't imo

I think the true test of whether your post is fair would be if (like letters to the Echo), instead of a user name, your name & general location was at the top.
Eg John Smith, Roker, Sunderland & if u wouldn't be happy for that, then u probably shouldn't be posting it. Re the language, some funny posts contain swear words, sometimes nasty posts don't imo
Stalker

@AB22 Easy Tiger is your man.

Typical Kev with his pretendy superior intellect.

You watched any of the B1M btw mate? I love it!

I’ll have you know it takes sustained effort to maintain that facade.

Yes, I’ve been watching B1M since you recommended it on here and watched the most extreme construction site vid just the other night.

Now piss off :lol:

One things for sure, threads about 'can a mod just explain why I was banned/had such and such a post deleted, then we'd all know where we stand' are as old as the board itself. None do get explained. There'll be a reason for that, if you'd care to think about it.

Back