What’s in the beer in the UK...

TheWanderer

Striker
...that gives you a minging hangover.

Over in Arnhem at the moment and been ploughing the drink down on a night, in the UK I’d be absolutely hanging out my arse next day, but I’ve been as fresh as a daisy for the last three mornings and I recon I’ve had 10 large beers each night.

Over in Arnhem at the moment and been ploughing the drink down on a night, in the UK I’d be absolutely hanging out my arse next day, but I’ve been as fresh as a daisy for the last three mornings and I recon I’ve had 10 large beers each night.
You’re still drunk and away from home.

That and Brexit.

Also a thinly veiled look at me thread.... I’m out drinking in a foreign land on a school night.

You drink pseudo-Lager in the UK don't you? If so it'll be the chemicals they use to make it bright yellow, super-transparent & fizzy.

Grain, hops, yeast and water are in most beers over here. Oh and CO2. Maybe some water treatment chemicals as well depending on the water profile required for the beer.

What’s the point of the chemicals, we thought maybes preservatives to give them longer shelf life???

Probably a bit of both. A lot of German beers are brewed fresh and served straight away as they don't keep well. Kolsch, Alt & Augustiner Helles are ones that spring to mind. Its also why they get served in 200-300ml glasses straight from a small keg.

I was drinking the Helles in Munich last year and the difference in taste from when the keg is first opened to when it was nearly empty was very noticeable. Every time a new keg was opened the barman rang a bell and all the locals started ordering. The kegs only lasted about 15-25 minutes before changing too.

Ooooh look at me, I’m in Americalol

Pathetic isn’t it?

Are you drinking coors light? That’s probably why

Back