What’s Bristol like as a City?

Bristol has loads of homeless all over, went a cpl month back, bars on a night were quite pricey too. Overall it was good, but think that was cos of a change

Worked there and stayed over a couple of nights a week about 10 years ago now. I thought it was one of the best places in the Uk. Some lovely pubs, a mix of real old traditional boozers, Clifton I liked a lot, and down by the riverside a real trendy fun vibe without being too precious. Certainly better than Southampton which I knew quite well.

Everyone I know from Bristol f***ing loves it and constantly goes on about the place.

Only been a few times, but it seems a decent place. Nice restaurants and bars but nothing really touristy like Bath. The Balloon festival is beutiful in the summer.

I’d say it’s more like Leeds and Bath is more like York.

Southampton is shit mind.

Going down for 3 days in February when we play rovers. Never been but loads of people have recommended it to us as one of the best cities in the UK. Stokes Croft area looks a bit hippyish and alternative , Clifton supposed to be lovely , loads of class pubs.. apparently

Just got back an hour ago.
It's got an informal feel about it which I like but it's a bigger city centre than I thought. The Waterside is packed on the weekends with lots of hen and stag parties but what alarmed me was the amount of lasses spewing in the street. Loads more lasses properly pissed than I saw blokes but like I said on the Cheryl thread, I am out of touch with city life nowadays.
There's a winter "market" thing near the Cabot Circus shopping thing. Loads of outside bars and eateries which was bouncing last night but I'm guessing that will be gone just after Christmas as it was definitely Christmas themed.
Buskers and homeless are prevalent but the buskers attract crowds of people singing along and dancing which was canny.

Back