Wham bars

Irn Bru bars were canny anarl

Desperate Dan bars were class

I cannot think of many things I love more than pork pies. I always land around five in the afternoon when I go to the NE. By the time I get to the wonderful guesthouse in Seaburn and before I do anything else I always head to Morrisons for a six-pack of the little beauties. And a large bottle of full-fat milk. I then head back to the guesthouse, eat four of them in one setting. Grab a shower and head to the pub for a few pints. And before bedtime I take the remaining two lovlies with me to a bench by the beach, snack them both before lighting my dear pipey. For years now that has been my ritual on my first night back. And each day am back over I eat at least two more. :)

I can get them here in DK through the online English food store. But they only deliver once a month to my part of the country and the pies come frozen. Waiting for them to defrost feels like forever. Last December I ordered twenty-four, defrosted one each day and had them as my daily Advent pressie. :)

I often think of trying one of their other pies on offer but am so happy with the pork ones that I fear I will end up disappointed trying a new kind. If you have any suggestion of ones to try I would love to one day. Though my pie ban needs to be lifted first. :(

These are the pies they have:

Kødtærter mm., Abigail's British Food IVS

Fed my pal hamster shit in a pork pie before. Took lid off, removed the pork, put hamster shit at bottom, replaced the pork and put the top back on :lol:

Last edited:
I cannot think of many things I love more than pork pies. I always land around five in the afternoon when I go to the NE. By the time I get to the wonderful guesthouse in Seaburn and before I do anything else I always head to Morrisons for a six-pack of the little beauties. And a large bottle of full-fat milk. I then head back to the guesthouse, eat four of them in one setting. Grab a shower and head to the pub for a few pints. And before bedtime I take the remaining two lovlies with me to a bench by the beach, snack them both before lighting my dear pipey. For years now that has been my ritual on my first night back. And each day am back over I eat at least two more. :)

I can get them here in DK through the online English food store. But they only deliver once a month to my part of the country and the pies come frozen. Waiting for them to defrost feels like forever. Last December I ordered twenty-four, defrosted one each day and had them as my daily Advent pressie. :)

I often think of trying one of their other pies on offer but am so happy with the pork ones that I fear I will end up disappointed trying a new kind. If you have any suggestion of ones to try I would love to one day. Though my pie ban needs to be lifted first. :(

Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney Pudding, mashed potatoes and bachelors Bigger peas.....

Class post Alex. Serious pork pie habit there :cool:

Class post Alex. Serious pork pie habit there :cool:

Many moons ago when I lived in Lanchester I got them at the deli in the village. Used to cut them in half (mid-wise), shred some lovely Red Leicester onto each half and then under the grill for about a minute. They were to die for. Then one day back at the deli for more the nice lady behind the counter asked me how I prefer eating them and I told her about the grill and the cheese. She got a horrified look on her face and told me to stop doing that as pork pies turn toxic when re-heated, she said. I stopped doing so at the time but must admit I have done it a few times here when I have lost the last bit of patience waiting for them to defrost. Not sure if she was right or not but it hasn't hurt me.

The bairn had one in a box of sweets I bought for her birthday. She gave it to her big brother. He asked why she was giving it away and she said "I value my teeth too much" :lol::lol:
Remember the sour crunchy bits in them ?

Tried to chew through a particularly large one once, and failed.
On checking, found it was actually a tooth that had been pulled out!

Remember the sour crunchy bits in them ?

Tried to chew through a particularly large one once, and failed.
On checking, found it was actually a tooth that had been pulled out!

I lost a filling on a chewing nut once :oops:

Back