Wetherspoons

There's two spoons in my town, one you'd leave your laptop whilst popping to the bogs. One you really wouldn't. Conclusion is all Spoons aren't the same.
:lol:
More lies. There’s no town in the north with two spoons in it. Only cities- Durham Newcastle and Sunderland

Actually I’m talking shite! Forgot about Darlington and Hartlepool

Last edited:
:lol:
More lies. There’s no town in the north with two spoons in it. Only cities- Durham Newcastle and Sunderland

Actually I’m talking shite! Forgot about Darlington and Hartlepool

Hartlepool only have one now, Boro has 2 though if you count the Linthorpe Road one.

I don't get the scratter crack, it's not the best place in the world but half the time it's just students, pensioners and younger groups having a cheap meal. Least they serve real ales and actually have some choice when it comes to Spirits. There's much worse pub chains Mitchel & Butler, Green King (owned pubs), Amber Taverns and Camerons (the last two really are scratter pubs) to name 4.

Keep politics out of pubs. I work hard all week, and just want to go to the pub with my mates and drink a pint without someone ramming politics down my throat

If I avoided all pubs because I disagreed with the political viewers of the owner then I'd be going thirsty.

I don't go into Spoons very often but they serve a purpose.

If I avoided all pubs because I disagreed with the political viewers of the owner then I'd be going thirsty.

I don't go into Spoons very often but they serve a purpose.
Most pubs don’t actively advertise it on the tables. It’s being rammed down our throat. It’s a disgrace. I go to the football to watch the match, not having politics rammed down my throat

Most pubs don’t actively advertise it on the tables. It’s being rammed down our throat. It’s a disgrace. I go to the football to watch the match, not having politics rammed down my throat

It's easy to ignore when it's on the tables (and many of their pubs don't have any such propaganda, especially in remainy areas). Harder when the pub landlord is ranting while you are trying to have a quiet pint.

Back